Sunday, July 31, 2011

HE CHOSE ME, A SINNER

Matthew 9:13b (The Promise) "I didn't come to invite good people to be my followers.  I came to invite sinners."

What grace was to be given to those that the Lord calls to be His followers.  He chose me, a sinner, to follow Him.  He chose me, a sinner, to be a vessel He would fill with His annointing, with His grace, His mercy, to follow Him.  How blessed I am, how blessed I was that day that He set me aside from others and drew me unto Himself, filling me with His Holy Spirit, and letting me know that I was special to Him, that I was His chosen, I would be His vessel, to follow Him and to show His love and mercy to others.

So many of you have no idea of the condition my soul was in when the Lord picked me up out of the miserable pit I was in.  Sin, sin, horrible sin.  So many think I was always this person they view now, that they see before them now.  I started out that way, perhaps, but along the way I surcame to the ways of the world, circumstances overwhelming me, no one to show me the love and grace that I now am able to show, but left alone to find my way, I got lost, so lost.  But God.....He did not let me go, He had His hand on me from the time I was born, He marked me with His love and kept me to Himself.  He drew  me up from the pit, my sins covered by the blood of His Son, Jesus, my Savior, my Redeemer; my sins forgiven, they were cast far from the Lord, never to be remembered again.  And then because of the blood, my God covered my sins so no one else would ever have to see them, remember them, and they would see the work in progress, the vessel I now am, washed in the blood of Jesus, refined by the fire that I came from in the pit, and made righteous through the Lamb of God. 

Chosen, a sinner, but one whom God could remold to the likeness of His Son.  Chosen, and made into the vessel He could use to proclaim His love, His mercy to others.  I was chosen to worship my God.  I was chosen to worship....can you see the importance of that one thing.  Chosen to worship?  How special, how wonderfully special to be chosen to worship Almighty God.  He taught me Himself, just how to please Him in worship, just how to worship as He wants me to.  He poured Himself into my heart that filled with so much love for only Him, my Lord, and then He showed me the way to His heart through my worship.  He left nothing to chance, He taught me Himself. 

He could have so many to follow Him, and He does.  It doesn't happen by chance, He choses us to be His followers.  I believe those chosen special like I was, were in a place in their lives so despicable that once we were lifted by the love of the Lord, our hearts so full of thanksgiving and love for the Lord, that our worship became so intense, so full of desire for the presence of our God, that the Lord wanted us front and center, examples of His mercy, His grace, for all to see.  He wanted our lives to glorify Him alone, leaving no doubt as to the dedication we had to worship, to love our King, our Beloved Lord.

Now there is nothing else I want to do, I only want to worship my Lord, I want to glorify His Holy Name.  There is a Name I love to sing, I love to tell His worth, it sounds like music in my ear, the sweetest Name on earth.  Oh, how I love Jesus, Oh, how I love Jesus, Oh, how I love Jesus, because He first loved me.  What a simple but elegant message that is.  I love Jesus because He first loved me.  His love, that is the real story.  His love so precious and sweet, poured out on a sinner like me, giving me access to the Father through His redemptive blood poured out on me,  covering my sins, giving me the Holy Spirit as my guide, as my dearest friend, to always draw me to the Father, to always bring forth the purest, sweetest worship for my Lord.  O Lord, how I love You, precious Holy Spirit, I adore You, my God, my God, there is none like You; how I love You.

This 31st day of July, 2011, I am forever in awe of my great God, of my Savior, my King, my Lord, who chose me, a sinner, to follow Him; to be His vessel to be poured into, filled with His annointing, so I could pour out onto others His grace, mercy and love.  I am so blessed my Lord, so blessed, as You chose me, a sinner made righteous by Your precious blood, made righteous to be Your worshiper.

No comments:

Post a Comment