Thursday, July 28, 2011

O GOD, YOU ARE

Psalm 18:2  "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock inwhom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

My Lord, I love You so much.  If I say just four words "O God You Are"; those four words say everything....YOU ARE!  From the beginning of creation to this day, "You Are".  There is none like You, Lord.  You are Eternal, Never-ending God.  There is nothing that You can not and will not do for Your beloved children, Your worshipers.  Those who bow before you, humbling themselves unto You, submitting their will unto Yours, You will move mountains to bless us. 

I am so blessed my Lord.  Even today, when so many things seem to not be right, words of praise, songs of worship still come from me unto You.  I know that in all things You are working it out for me, in me, and through me.  You are the Rock on which my faith is fixed.  I know You are non-changing.  You will be the same tomorrow as You were in the beginning.  I find great comfort in knowing that You will be the same each day, for all my life.  You are my deliverer, my God.  You deliver me from the enemy's snares, I know You deliver me from so much that I never even know about.  My shield, Father, You are my shield.  You keep darts of hurt and accusation from coming at me.  They may be thrown but You shield me from the hurt and shame of them.  I thank You so much for protecting me at all times, my Lord.  You are my salvation.  You lifted me up from such a despicable place, lifted me up, loved me so tenderly and gave me life eternal through the blood of Jesus, my precious Savior. 

There is no refuge I can find but You, my Lord.  I hide in the shelter of You arms.  When I am tired and weary like today, I can just crawl up in You arms and hide until I gain strength from You, until I am totally restored by Your love, Your peace, Your breathe breathing new life into me.  You hold me until I can once again stand, strengthened anew from Your refreshing wind of the Spirit, new life,  new mercies once again.  O Lord, You Are all things to me. 

You Are the first and the last, the beginning and the end.  I love that You loved me from the beginning and will love me eternally.  I never worry that You do not love me, it is because You love me that I feel Your presence so deeply.  You are my true love, I adore You my God, all my heart is Yours.  There is none like You, no one means what You do to me.  I love each day as I know it will be another day spent in your presence.  You Are life to me.

Those words, You Are, say it all for me, dear Lord.  You Are everything I will ever need; You Are everything I want.  This 28th day of July, 2011, my beautiful Father, You Are my God, You Are my heart, yes You are.  O God, You Are.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my friend! Keep on writing these posts, as a fellow blogger I enjoy reading them. You have a great week end my friend!

    ReplyDelete