Sunday, July 17, 2011

THE DIVIDER

Hebrews 4:12  "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

When I read the Word, so often just looking at different verses, a verse will just jump off the page to my spirit.  It is usually just what is needed to soothe whatever is troubling me or whatever may be what I am looking for.  If there is something that is not right in me, something troubling me and I can not figure what the matter is, I know reading the Word will always fix the problem.

The Lord is so faithful to see that I find the answers needed.  I remember a few months back I wanted to go to a worship conference, He had once told me no, but I did not think about it as I realized what a blessing it could be, remembering not what I had been told.  As I made temporary plans to go, excitement builting up in me.  But the next morning I was so oppressed and could not figure out why.  I went into the Word to see what the Lord would give me.  Sure enough, as I was reading, the Holy Spirit reminded me that I had been told no by the Lord, not this one.  I had been told there would be others.  I did not know why, but once again, I accepted the words of my Lord, and almost instantly the weight was lifted off my shoulders.  Only this last month did I know why the Lord would not let me go.....He knew I would be moving this month.  He knew I would not be able to go and would have spent the money for tickets unwisely.  His Word divided my heart and my mind.  My mind did not understand, but my heart accepted the word completely.

The Word of God will divide you from acquaintances sometimes.  His Word will divide what you think is right and what His Word says is right.  There is no arguing the Word of God.  It does not change.  When you listen to some preachers you might think that the Word has changed, but it has not.  There is no changing of the Word of God.  Those that change the Word to fit in with their doctrine or their personal beliefs will be judged by our Lord one day, for their deceiving of the children that have been placed in their care by our Lord.  The Lord will use His Word to divide His children from such practices as preached here.

God's Word can penetrate right through depression, guilt, unforgiveness....those thoughts cannot stand against what the Word says.  Those things are tools of the enemy and he cannot dispute what the Lord says.  The fact that he may try does not change the Word.  The Lord will uncover any lie of the enemy, He will show you the truth of what is and what is not.

Can you place your heart, your soul totally in the care of our Father in Heaven?  Will you let Him search your heart and soul and divide those things not of Him from the good He has put there, and throw those other things out?  Are you willing to be divided from those that the Lord feels harmful of His child?  The division of heart, your feelings and your soul, eternity with Him, may hurt for a little while, but He will cover any hurt with His salve of grace, the ointment of His love.  He will replace all things He removes from your being with blessings that will be so beautiful.

The Divider can only perform His actions in you with your permission.  Nothing can be done against your will. You must chose to let the Lord work in you, to let the Holy Spirit come in and freely search your heart, opening each door and looking inside.  The Word of God will filter any impurities from you as you commit yourself to our Father; reading His Word to absorb all the outpouring of cleansing waters that will flow from those words through your body, your heart and your soul.  He so wants to begin to divide with His Word in you today. Divide what is pure and holy from what needs to be cleansed out of you.

My Lord God, I lay open my heart, my soul for the Holy Spirit to divide anything not of You out of me.  I worship only You.  You are my everything.  I want nothing that is not of you in me.  I love You, my Father.  This 17th day of July, 2011, I am awaiting the Divider, I am praying the Divider keeps me divided from anything or anyone that is not of my Beloved Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment