Tuesday, July 26, 2011

LOOKING INTO THE HEART OF GOD

Psalm 40:5  "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."

Father, I know I think on such different things concerning You, my mind just naturally fixes on You, on Your wonderful love and grace You pour out on me daily.  I cannot help but think of You in all ways, in searching and seeking You alone, to find myself in You.  I was thinking earlier about Your heart, what I would see there if I could see inside Your heart as You see inside of mine.  I am almost overwhelmed at the things I thought I would find there, inside that place in You where Your love, Your mercy, Your passion for me comes from.  I so want to have a loving, giving, forgiving heart as You my Father.  I can hardly think on these things without weeping.  My God, You hold so much there, in Your heart.

I can see, there in Your heart, a pair of hands, they are nail scarred.  How it must have torn Your heart when those nails pierced the hands of Your Beloved Son.  So piercing His hands, piercing Your heart.  You felt every nail driven through those precious hands.  I see a thorn, one kept there so You would never be without the reason that I am so special to You, the thorn that came from a crown that was placed on the beautiful head of my Savior, Your own Son; giving the reason, staying inside, that He was sent for me, so I could be so bound to You for eternity.  There is that flow, that life giving flow of blood, blending with the shed blood for the redemption of my sins, flowing, mixing with Your blood that gives me new mercies every day.  Knowing the price paid for me blending with the unconditional love that flows from Your heart, pouring it out into me, loving me, forgiving me, loving me; and yet again.

There is an abundance that flows from Your heart, out of the love You feel for me, that abundance just flows blessing after blessing.  Unending, like a river, it flows with a winding force that wraps itself around me, washing, blessing, cleansing, blessing.

And that day, that day You chose me to be special, to share a special place with Your chosen worshipers.  You chose me, You taught me how to worship You, to please You; You wooed me, drew me near to You, coaxed my heart, drew that last bit of held back love until I was totally, unashamedly, so in love with You, my Lord, so in love with You; that day Your heart held my heart inside, and You kept it there.  So now it is a part of Your heart.  I am a part of You, my Lord.  You hold me inside Your heart; keep me there, I pray, keep me there always.  There is no other place I ever want to be.

This 26th day of July, 2011, I am in the glory of Your presence, I am worshiping You, my God, I am pleasing You, loving You, blessing You as I know, now I know, looking into Your heart, what I will see.  In Your heart, I see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment