Monday, July 25, 2011

OUT OF COMPLIANCE

Romans 6:14  "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace."

Working now in the new office, I have found myself having to spend a good bit of time cleaning up things to put the office in compliance. To put things right with the laws.  I was thinking about this as I drove home today, it's a pretty drive for the most part, trees, up and down small hills, very pretty.  I love this time of driving along and visiting with my Father, special time just for us, I believe He enjoys it very much also.  Today as I was thinking about getting in compliance, my Father said, "just as my children ignore my laws and do it every which way but Mine".

It's true, you know.  How many times do we disregard the law that was given to us, God's children, laws meant to instruct us, protect us, keep us from sin.  But so often we just figure we can slide by with this or that, and it won't make a big difference.  Well, I use to do that, and trust me, it did make a big difference.  It is not so noticable when you are going about doing you own thing, but once you begin to seek the Lord, to desire Him more than anything and you spend time in His presence, you can see what a waste your time was before, when you did your own thing.  How much more could you have been in the presence of the Lord before now?  That is probably one of my biggest regrets, is the time I wasted away from my Father.  When I was the prodigal, wanting to live what I thought was "life".  To have my fun.  Well, it wasn't fun when I woke up to the reality of what I had really been missing.  I had been missing the true love that was always there, but I did not know it.  You can not recognize the real love, the passionate love the Father has for you, unless you are walking in His Light. The Father just told me to add here, "what you don't know won't hurt you".  How many times have you thought that?  Well, the Lord said it does hurt you.  You will know that later when you wake up from one too many "fun" nights; when you get into a pit and can not imagine how you got there; when you, because of pride, or the enemy's lies, don't feel you can cry out to the lord. But you can...

The law of God was put there to keep us in compliance with His will for our lives, to keep us from harm, to keep our feet planted on the solid rock of our salvation, to strengthen us so we can resist temptation and to prepare us for the plans He has for us.  God's law was never meant to be a burden on us, but a glorious method of bringing us into our inheritance, into the rewards we receive for walking in the law of our Lord, for our obedience to Him.  As the law was added, so trespasses, sins increased.  But as the Word tells us, as sin increased, grace increased even more.  More grace was added each time.  What grace is this, this amazing grace, freely given but at such a cost to our Savior, God's dear Son,  His blood given to provide this beloved grace to us.  Such precious grace that at the end of the day, allows us to draw nigh unto the Lord, be caressed into His arms and given that restoring rest we so desire from Him.

Why follow the law, you might be wondering.  I will follow the law of my Father, of my beloved God, because I know it pleases Him.  If for no other reason but to please my Lord, I will do everything I can to follow the laws He has so lovingly put before me, to please Him with my obedience.  I love your laws my God.  I love that You loved me so much that You wanted to put rules for me to follow, for my life to be one that would be blessed, that would be rich with Your love and presence.  I thank You, Father, for Your laws.  Father, increase my desires, my desires only for You, for Your laws.  I give myself unto You, all of me; commiting myself to Your laws, to Your will for my life.

This 25th day of July, 2011,  I worship You, my Lord, thanking You for the laws of life, so perfectly made for me, although not perfect, but I know, my Lord, that Your grace is covering me, more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment