Monday, July 18, 2011

ONE WORD SAYS IT ALL

Zechariah 14:9  "The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name."

There has been a few posts on FB lately asking what one word you would like to be described as, which word says it all about you.  I have looked at the answers that some have posted; faithful, loving, obedient, honest; the lists go on and on.  I have thought about this a good bit but have never posted an answer to this question.  What would you say of me, Father?  What one word would describe me.  I can think of a few words, but still seem to change my mind.  I think it would be more interesting to see how others would describe me. 

Some might say that I was a friend.  I like thinking I have been a friend to so many, but so often I feel I lack in  that manner.  I seem to stay so busy at times, I feel I may be letting people down in that way; I want to do all I can for others, but I still think I fall short.  My Lord has never lacked as a friend.  He is always here when I call Him, always ready to give me the help, the words I need, the comfort that only a true friend can give.  Jesus is my idea of a friend.

Faithful came to mind, but then I had to remember times I fell short there also. I try to be faithful in all I do, but I still think I fail man at times.  I try to remain faithful to the Father at all times, but He knows me also, and there are times I feel inadequate in that category too.  But Jesus, my precious Jesus, He is always faithful and true to me, to you.  He never changes, He never tires, He gives all for us.  Jesus is faithful to me, so faithful.  He has never failed me and I know He never will.

Loving is a fairly good description of me, as I love people, I love my family and I love my God.  I love my Lord with all my heart and soul, but I can only love as a human.  Jesus loves divinely, never judging, never deciding if we are or not worthy of His love; He loves unconditionally.  Can I say that about me, I would like to, but still.... But Jesus, He loves.  He loves me so much.  He loves me, good or bad, He loves me.

This could go on all night as there are so many words that people use to describe themselves.  But we all fall short compared to our Lord Jesus.  This should be our goal, to find ourselves in a place where we love unconditionally, where our faithfulness shows no wavering on our part, and where being a friend is giving of ourselves without reservation to our neighbor.  Where the Lord can use us to touch people, love people and yes, even heal people in His Name. 

It is His Name that should be the one Word that describes us.  Christ-like. That is the name. Thank You, Father, for showing me this.  That is the one word I want to have describe me.  But it is the walk, more than it is the talk, it is the goal of those that love the Lord, and let Him love through them; it is the santification of our hearts and souls, it is the infilling of the Holy Spirit, letting Him overtake our desires where they are only of the things of the Lord; it is letting the Lord have complete control, giving Him our will to be His will for us; those are the things that will lead us to the one word we want to describe us...Christ-like.  That is my goal, my true desire, to be like my Lord.  To have people see Him in me.

My Beloved Lord, how I adore You.  I want to fill the heavens with worship for You alone.  I worship You, Jesus,  I love You so much.  This 18th day of July, 2011, I am just Your worshiper seeking to be like You, desiring only to please you, to become Christ-like.  Lord, You are so worthy of all my praise.  I want to thank You for being my friend, I want to thank You for Your love, for loving me regardless of what I am, and I want to thank You for Your faithfulness to me.  I am never afraid, never fearful, as I know You will be right here with me.  You never fail me.  I love You, my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment