Tuesday, July 5, 2011

THE PASSION OF MY GOD

Jeremiah 31:3b  "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness."

The Word of God is filled with passion.  In the Old Testament, I read of an angry God bringing judgment against His children, but then I see Him lifting them up from their dry wilderness place and restoring them once again, because He loves them so.  Time after time, when the children of Israel deliberately disobeyed the Lord, when they worshiped idols and turned themselves into slaves of sin, the Lord would chastise them and then draw them into Himself again, because He loved them, passionately.  They were His people, His chosen, His beloved children.  Good or bad, they were His children and He was not going to forget them.  He knew from the beginning what would have to be done, what sacrifice would be have to be made to make the way to bring them truly back to Him.

Can you imagine what it must have been like for our God to decide to send His Son to earth; as the ultimate sacrifice?  Could you make that decision to give your only son to bring salvation to the earth?  I doubt if many could say yes, they could not.  But I can see my God, in His decision, knowing that it was deemed from the beginning, after Adam and Eve sinned, knowing there was no other way to save us, no other way we could be cleansed from sin, no other way to His presence; His Son was the only way.

What passion He felt for us, so much love, so much disappointment, wanting to hug us and beat us at the same time; ever have that feeling towards your children?  So angry, but with love the reason for the anger.  Knowing that all you do for them is still  not enough to win their honest affection and love, for them to love you just because you are their father, loving them so much, wanting to give them the world if they would only obey and trust you.  Yes, you do know that feeling.  It is a passion that we all have felt at one time or another.  But consider this, the passion of the Lord is so intense.  HE DID send His Son to walk this earth for such a short time, and to die on a wooden cross, beaten and ridiculed, for us, His disobedient and undeserving children.  It makes my heart almost burst open with love for my Lord.  My God, my God, what love is this; a love that we could never understand, a love so passionate that our God gave the one part of Himself that would hurt so badly, that would pain Him so deeply, to show His passionate love to us.  Wake up my friends, realize how much you are loved, how deeply the Lord wants for us to know Him, intimately.

If you have never spiritually crawled up on God's lap, felt His strong arms around you, felt His heart of love beating so strongly next to yours.....yes, I can see, some of you have never experienced that.  Love your God with all your heart.  Love Jesus, worship our Lord, the precious Prince of Peace, endlessly worship Him.  One thing that will endure you quicker to Father that anything else, is the pure, heartfelt love and adoration of His Son, Jesus.  In your worship of Jesus, your love for Him, your songs of love for Him, this lifts an incense to the Father that is so sweet, so precious.  The Holy Spirit draws you to love Jesus, to worship Him, to adore Him.  Follow the leading of the Spirit.  Let Him draw you to Jesus, thus drawing you to the Father.  You cannot get to the Father without first falling in love with the Son. Loving Him with all your heart, a deep soul passionate love.

My Father, you know my heart.  You know how much I love Jesus, my Beloved Bridegroom.  How I long to be near Him at all times.  In Your presence Lord, I long to be.  Pappa, I love You.  I thank You for sending Jesus to redeem me, to save me, to cleanse me making me righteous before You so I can enter Your presence, crawl onto Your lap and feel Your arms securely around me, holding me, giving me Your love and joy.  I know You rejoice over me as You see my love for my Jesus, my precious Lord. 

This 5th day of July, I have never been so loved, so passionately loved as I am loved by my God, my Father, my Pappa.  Loved, so loved, so passionately loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment