Friday, July 29, 2011

NEVER TOO BIG

Isaiah 40:11  "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."

It seems like it does not matter where I am, I know the Lord likes to ride with me.  Today going to the bank I was struck with the memory of my earthly daddy.  I was about 35 and I had leaned over to kiss my daddy goodbye before going home one day and he pulled me on his lap.  I told him, "Daddy, I am too big" to which he replied "You will never be too big to be held by me".  And then he just held me for a few minutes and rocked me.  I have learned that when these memories come to me, that there is something the Lord wants to tell me, my Father has something to compare these memories to .  And I was right.

Almost instantly, I heard in my spirit, "You will never be too big to be held by Me, Your Pappa".  The Lord continued to tell me that no problem was too big for him, no circumstance was too minor or too big that He would not take care of it for me.  He waits for me to call out to Him so He can help me.  I know He does.  Do you not know how much the Father loves us, how He loves to help us, to answer our call.  My Father told me that He loves to hold me on His lap.  You see, when I climb up on His lap, to be held, whether it be comforting or just because I want to be there, on His lap, in His arms; there is such peace in my Father's arms, such quiet peace.  Pappa loves this because when I climb up in His arms, He knows there is no place I would rather be.  I go to Him.  I want to be as close to Him as I possibly can, just His worshiper, just His beloved child, spending time with her Father, wanting to be with Him alone.

And I will never be too big.  Never to big to be held, to be loved, to be His child.  I guess you might say I have a child like devotion for my Father.  I don't try to figure out why things don't always go my way, or why some have more than others.  I can remember my husband getting upset once because some people that seemed so undeserving had so much, were so rich and they were sinners, did not love our Lord.  I told him at the time and still feel this, I said "I don't envy them at all, for you see, this is all they will ever have".  The people living in sin, those that are so rich and caring not for the Lord, that is all they will ever have, that money, that's it.  Most of them are so unhappy, miserable in their richness; sad, I find it.  What earthly gain they have will translate into nothing one day.  I can only pray that they realize what true richness is, what real worth is before it is too late for them. 

My worth, the richness of my life is my relationship with Pappa, my heavenly Father.  I would not trade it for any richness that did not come from Him.  And you will know the difference.  When blessings come from the Father, you instinctly know what will be done with it, and it always involves helping others, sharing with them what you are blessed with.  There is no selfish involvement in gifts from God.  My wealth is in sharing my Lord with others, passing that beautiful love, so freely given to me, to others.  Looking above their rags of sin, seeing into their eyes, looking past what they were or are, and looking into what they can be with the love of the Lord in their lives.  That is real abundance, bringing others into the presence of our God, letting them feel His love, His peace and His joy flood their souls; bringing smiles to their faces, gladness to their hearts.  Rich, rich, rich.  You cannot buy this joy, sharing the Lord with others.

Well, Pappa, my sitting on Your lap has brought forth more than I even dreamed.  I love You, my Father, so much.  What joy You give me, loving me so much, sharing Your heart with me.  I never want to leave Your presence, my God, never do I ever want to go from You.  I could stay always, yes, I hear You, Pappa, I can stay, always.

This 29th day of July, 2011, I am in the arms of my Father, sitting on Pappa's lap, where I know I will never be too big to be there.  I will never tire of my Father's presence, I will never get enough of His love, His sweet words of love to me.  I am here, Pappa, always, on Your lap, loving You.

No comments:

Post a Comment