Sunday, July 10, 2011

MASTER OF THE WIND

Mark 4:39b  "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm."

I was thinking today how so many things arise in our lives that cause some to become frantic, things that rush in on us like a wind that was not there a minute before.  Life is so like that, so easily changed.  Moment to moment you never know what will happen.  Someone can be perfectly healthy one day and the next day quite ill.  Or your work can be going real good and the next thing you know, you find out you will be laid off.  Your children can be doing so good in school, and the next day, you find out they are being expelled for fighting.  Beautiful days quickly can turn into horrible nights.

We do not always have control, truthfully have none whatsoever.  A lot of us think we can control a situation or that we are controlling our lives only to realize we are like that hamster on the wheel, the only control we have is moving the wheel, and it is really going nowhere.  There is only One who has the real control in our lives, and it is so sad that we often forget that.  The day I gave my Lord complete control over my life, acknowledged Him as Lord over my life, was the happiest day of my life.  I never need to fear now, as I know He knows what tomorrow holds and will take care of it all, I just rest and trust in Him.

We need to remember, we do not know what tomorrow holds, but we know the Master of the wind.  We know the Maker of the universe and the Keeper of tomorrow.  The Lover of our souls will calm the winds that arise in our lives.  We need to be completely trusting in His ability to do that, to calm the winds in our lives, to make the way smooth for us.  He alone can do this, He alone can make wrong right, but we need to let Him do that.  If we try to do it ourselves, we only prolong the process, the process of our finding that we have no control.  Sometimes that takes a long time, depending on how stubborn and prideful we can be.

The Master of the wind knows when to calm the wind and when to stir the wind up.  He can look over a church that is worshiping Him in spirit and truth, giving their hearts to Him and He can blow a mightly wind through that church and show Himself real to His children.  His Wind, the Wind of the Holy Spirit, can blow across this land if we would just humble ourselves and pray, turn from our sin and give ourselves back to worshiping our Lord and living as He wills us to.

I know the Master of the wind.  I know that there is nothing that will come up in my day that He doesn't already know about and He will take care of it for me.  I have learned to completely trust in my Lord; He has control over my life and He knows that I want Him to handle it for me.  I give my will to Him, I submit myself to His control.  I love my Lord and long for Him to make the way right for me.  I cannot do anything on my own, I do not want to, I give myself over to Him.

My Beloved Lord, I worship You.  You are my everything.  I ask that You make Yourself real to all those reading this that have not given all over to You.  I ask that You blow a wind of love over them and make the wind shake their existance until they submit to You and Your love.  Your love that will never fail them, never leave them.

This 10th day of July, 2011, I am waiting once again for the sweet wind of the Holy Spirit to blow over me, showing me the fire of my God, my Lord, the Master of the Wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment