Friday, July 1, 2011

THE HOME OF THE BRAVE

Isaiah 43:1b-2:  "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned: the flames will not set you ablaze."

Nothing, absolutely nothing, can harm me as I walk with the Lord.  Nothing can overpower my God, nothing gets by His notice, He sees all that is before me, He knows my days before they come.  When I learned this, when I found that He is faithful to His Word, when I stepped out in faith, gave Him my all, He took me by the hand and has not let go of me since.  Oh, my God, You have not let go of me for a second.  I am realizing it more this minute, as You give me this.  Once again, it is for me, this night's word.  To establish in me, even more faith as I step out once again into Your arms, into the path You are putting in front of me to walk, to the new life, the new plan You have for me.  You are ensuring again that I know You are not leaving me alone, that no where I go will be without You.

Things are moving now so quickly.  The days flowing into the other sometimes it would seem without day or night, except I know I go to bed at night and to work in the day, so I know the dividing of each, but so quickly now.  In only two weeks from Monday, I will be gone from here, I will be at our new home, Lord.  A few days later, at my new office, working for my new boss.  What a joy talking to her was this afternoon, Father.  She telling me how blessed she was I was coming and me feeling so blessed at having her for a boss.  You, Lord, taking me from one Christian boss to another.  Moving things again so I would be blessed.  Putting me into a new place to witness Your love, Your grace.  I know there will be some assignments for me there.  I am not fearful, as I know You have set the things in motion, the people around me, Your love surrounding me always. 

Changes can be difficult I know, but You have prepared me for change.  You took me north not knowing a soul in the town I was to live except for Robert, and You gave me friends, favor.  And once again we go, only this time just You and I, but You already made the way for me.  I already have dear friends and You are making more for me, giving me favor for work.  Dearest Lord, if it were only the two of us, it would be wonderful.  I wish for just one more thing, Pappa, in the new house, a place that only the two of us will enter.  Our special place.  I know You have this planned also.  A special prayer closet.  I can hardly wait to see it.  Excited I am, fearful I am not.  I have nothing to fear, for I walk with You, Lord.

When we walk in the Lord, we walk upright, head held high, joyful and light footed as we walk with our Father.  Remember when we were kids, and we boasted on who our dads were, "my dad is bigger than your dad"?  Well, take a look at my Pappa.  Isn't He something?  He deserves all the praise and honor in the world, He is so worthy of all my worship, He is worthy of all my love and adoration.  How blessed I am, how brave I am knowing that my Father will never let anything harm me.  I have no fears.  I have no anxieties.  I am at rest in my Lord, I am at peace in all things, I am content in my life.

This 1st day of July, I am at home, I am bravely at home, in my Father.  I love You my Lord with all my heart.  You provide everything for me, You lead me beside the still waters, everything is calm as we walk hand in hand, from this day to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment