Monday, July 4, 2011

REBIRTH OF A NATION

Isaiah 49:8-9a  "This is what the Lord says;  'In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances, to say to the captives, Come out, and to those in darkness, Be free!'"

Our nation needs a true rebirthing.  We have lost the foundations for which it was birthed; we have lost sight of why we fought to become a nation into ourselves.  Freedom, God given freedom to all men who live here.  Freedom of religion. Our country was birthed under God.  Godly men wrote our Declaration of Independance; seeking to follow after the commandments of our God, asking for His guidance in running this nation, calling it one nation, under God.  Under God's hand, His protection, His guidance, His Holy Light.

Before this nation can undergo a rebirth, the first rebirth needs to come in the hearts and souls of the people of the nation.  Our people, so many, once on fire for the Lord, seeking Him, loving Him have strayed.  They have turned to the call of what the world has to offer.  They no longer want to fill their lives with the things of the Lord.  Instead they appease themselves with indulgences of what is being offered by this world.  They chose as role models, people that come out of movies, television, radio; people that chose other gods to worship, lives that are being lived opposite of what the Lord tells us is His way for us to live.  So many thinking this is a great life, only thinking of the temperal things now, no thought of what their children will do, how they will manage as things get worse in this country.  How long do they think the Lord will keep His hand of protection over this country.  Where will they go then.  They can return to the Lord, but as I write this, I feel so many will be so ashamed to return, afraid that the Lord will refuse them.  Look at what they are hearing from the preachers where they go.  It is they that have the power, the strength.  No, they have no power and when this realization comes, they will be lost as to where to turn, as you can be assured the false doctrines they have listened to will not be helping them.  But the Lord calls still to them, Come unto Me.. I will restore you to Me.  He never fails to hold out His arms to them, to all those that are lost, that have turned from Him and lost their way.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themsleves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways , then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  2 Chronicles 7:14  The message is clear, the Lord is waiting for the humbling of the people of our land, for them to pray and seek Him and He will help us, He will heal our land.

Father, I thank You that You never turn Your back on Your children if we humble ourselves before You.  I love You my Lord, I give You all the glory, all the honor that You are due.  Lord, give me the message, I will carry it to the nation, I will show Your love and forgiveness and my brothers and sisters that love You and call upon Your Name, will also show others Your forgiving love.  Father, I ask that You keep Your hand of protection over our nation.  Forgive our sins Lord, heal our land.

This 4th day of July, our nations birthday, I am asking, Father, that you give a spiritual rebirth to Your people, set in them the desire to seek You alone, to return to You, to worship only You.  Keep my spirit unto You O Lord, wholly unto You, as I love You alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment