Monday, August 1, 2011

GOD'S PEACE SATISFYS

Psalm 107:11  "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." 

What more is there, Father, that I could ask of You that would be more satisfying than Your peace.  As I awake in the morning, my thoughts are on You, worship bursts from my lips as I hear the beautiful music playing in the room.  The Holy Spirit has awakened me with a hunger for more of You this day, more than I had yesterday; to know You more, to know You in a deeper way.  I am always seeking to find You in everything in my day, I look for You everywhere.

I see people all day long and find myself praying that they will seek after You, to ask You to take control of their lives so they can find the peace they so hunger for.  I think a lot of times they do not know what is wrong with their lives, they cannot figure out why they search and search and never find what it missing.  I speak Your name to all I can, but the ones that I do not come in contact with, those people walking outside my office window, those people in their vehicles on the highway.  I can see the sadness, the obvious lack of You in their lives.  I can even see this in people in churches.  Watching TV church programs, where the choirs are singing, so often I see such a lack of joy, a lack of peace on the faces of the people.  Worshiping You, singing Your praises, should bring such joy and radiance to the faces of the people.  Such a pleasure should be felt singing Your worthiness, Your beauty.  Touch Your people Lord, touch them with Your peace, with Your joy.

I have some new worship music that is pure worship, heartfelt worship and it so carries me away in song and worship to my God.  The worshiper also did Dance With Me, and it truly brings forth such desire and longing for my Lord.  Dance with me, O Lover of my soul.  My Lord loves my soul, the Word tells me He does.  No matter what my day has been like, how unsettling or difficult, just the remindance that Jesus, the Wonderful King of Kings, the precious Prince of Peace, loves my soul.  He is the Prince of Peace.  Peace was established because of His sacrifice, His blood offering for our souls, His love for us, His love for me.

I worship You tonight, my Lord. Just because You are my Lord, my King, my Master.  The Gentle Lamb of God, the Righteous Warrior that will come back to destroy all the shackles that have so many bound, imprisioned; You are the Way, the Truth and the Light.  In You all have a chance for redemption, all have a chance to be one with the Father, they can have that intimate relationship that You have given to us, made possible for us.  There in none like You, my Lord. 

I know You will never leave me.  I have never felt so loved as I do this day and I know that tomorrow I will be able to say that again.  Each day, I feel an intensity within my spirit of a love that grows stronger each day, of a passion that goes deeper than I could have imagined.  You, my Lord, the Lover of my soul, You give to me love that will never die and You make me know how special You think I am; You tell me how I please You, Your Holy Spirit draws worship from the depths of me to the Father.  My Father, Pappa, my Blessed Pappa, I love You so much.  You have given me new life, restored the life that the enemy had chipped away at, bit by bit, but now there is such joy, such peace, restoration of life now that is full of peace.  The peace that is poured out on me each day, each night, again and again, throughout my entire being.

This 1st day of August, 2011, I know there will not be one moment in time that I cannot reach out to my Lord and draw upon His peace, His love and His joy.  My God, my sweet Pappa, Your peace satisfys my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment