Friday, August 5, 2011

THE NEW COVENANT

Hebrews 8:10  "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."

I can remember when I first accepted the Lord as my Savior.  I was around eight years old, I have probably talked a little about this. But at that time, I knew the laws of the Lord, or what I had been told about them.  The Ten Commandments can be pretty scary to an eight year old.  But also pretty out of mind, for not many young girls think of killing someone, or stealing, or having other gods other than the Lord God.  Now I really got the commandment of honoring my mother and father.  That I could understand, and when you are that young, it is usually the one that is stressed the most to kids.  I sang the songs, Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, O How I Love Jesus.  And I read that Jesus loved me.  But I did not really know what that meant.  I believe children now, more than before, truly know what it means for Jesus to love them, more so than I did.  I certainly pray so.  I pray they truly know in their hearts that Jesus died to save them, to give them etenal life in Him, through Him, and that He loves them so much.

Again, I am getting off track of what I am trying to say.  I waited years before I knew what the love of Jesus was like, what the love of my Heavenly Father really meant, what it felt like, the difference it would make in my life.  When I began to honestly come before my God, reveal all the things I thought were hidden, how foolish I felt when I realized He knew all these things that I thought if I did not think of, no one would know.  I did not even consider my Lord, wasn't even thinking of the One knowing that mattered the most.  But when I came before Him, so needing that love that was so unlike any love I had known, giving Him the honest apology for my life, my actions, my sins, asking His forgiveness, asking for His cleansing power in my life, in my heart, my mind, then He could begin to make a New Covenant with me.

My God gave me a new beginning when He established His New Covenant with me.  All my sins were forgiven, they were thrown into an abyss that would never reveal them to anyone, and He let me know that I was not that person any longer.  I was a new creation, He had made me new, a vessel cleansed by the blood of my Redeemer, my spirit restored in His spirit, joined together, linked to Him by the precious Holy Spirit that reigns completely inside me.  The Lord taught me His New Covenant, so simple, so perfect.....Love Me above all others, above all things; love your neighbor as yourself.  He removed all judgment; this was not easy and the enemy still tries to get me here, but I am strong in my Lord and I do everything I can not to fall into his traps.  I always want to remember, that except for the grace of God, I am just like them.  And I try to show love to them so they also can receive that grace, that love, extended to all by the Lord.

My Lord, how I love Your covenant with me.  Your grace flows freely to me, Your mercies are new each day to cover me, Your love, so sweet and beautiful, thrilling my soul as I feel it sweep over me, especially when I whisper Your Name, Jesus, I feel Your love come again to me, and Your presence, Jesus, Your presence, my heart's desire. 

This 5th day of August, 2011, I am humbled, I am blessed by You, my God.  Once again, You have brought me to my knees by Your way of teaching me, Your authority over my life, and Your understanding of my need of You, only You in my life, and my heart's desire to be one with You, to be totally immersed in Your glory, in Your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment