Thursday, August 25, 2011

HE NEVER LEAVES ME

John 8:29  "The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees here in John about the validity of His testimony.  There never seemed to be a time that someone wasn't trying to get Jesus to say something they could prove was a lie.  But it never happened; no matter what they asked Him, they could never prove anything.  Jesus never spoke anything but the truth, and the truth was that "the One who sent Him, never left Him alone."  Jesus always pleased the Father.

My Lord, Jesus, You gave us the same rights to the Father as You were given.  When You went to the cross, when You died for our sins, You opened the door for us to be grafted into the family of God.  We became His sons and daughters with the same rights, the same blessings as were given You.  You shared Your inheritance with us.  Then You gave us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us, to guide and instruct us, to show us immediately when we sinned, so it would not stay on us, so we could repent immediately and ask forgiveness of the Lord and be drawn back into fellowship with our God.  The Holy Spirit shows us what pleases the Lord, He draws us into deep, heartfelt worship for the Lord, knowing that it pleases Him, knowing that the Lord will draw us into His presence and spend time with us, loving on us as we worship Him and adore Him.

And He never leaves us.  Just as our Father never left Jesus, He never leaves us.  We were given an open door to the Father's heart, right into His throne room, washed clean of all sin by the precious blood of our Savior, made righteous in Him alone, not in ourselves, as we could never be, but in Him, our Lord Jesus Christ.  No matter what we go through, even in our darkest hour, our Father is there.  There is nothing that says we may not go through dark trials, some even drift away for awhile, caught up in circumstances too hard to deal with, perhaps, and fall away.  But the Father never leaves, He just loves you and waits for you to feel His presence, sense that love and mercy flowing all around you.  His sweet grace touching your heart, awaking that knowledge you have inside, that He loves you and is waiting for you to come home to Him.  Bringing into your remembrance that a repentive heart is always restored to the Lord, always forgiven.  Our Father loves us so much, never think for a  minute you have done something that is unforgivable.  The only thing unforgivable would be not asking.  If you don't ask, you will never know that forgiveness.  It's available but you must seek it, you must seek the Lord for yourself.  No one can do this, it is a step you must take on you own.  Someone else can pray for you, can ask the Lord to forgive you, but until you  make that step towards Him, it is not a far journey as He is right there with you; but make that step and ask the Father to forgive you.  He will see your heart and know you want to come home to Him.  He will make it so easy for you, you will wonder why you waited so long; what you were afraid of. 

Our God is so gentle and loving, so kind and forgiving.  He wants His children with Him always.  He loves to spend time with us, loves to bless us.  What a priviledge to be a child of God, to dwell in His presence, in His heart.

My Father, I sense You have hearts that needed this message tonight as it went far from what I was thinking, but I know it went exactly where You wanted it to go.  I adore You, my Lord.  My days would be meaningless without You, my heart cold and bare without Your love, Your joy, and my spirit, dead, without Your Holy Spirit bringing life to me from You.  This 25th day of August, I know I have pleased You my Father, and it is what I always want to do, just to please You.  Thank You, Lord, for never leaving me, for always being with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment