Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ALL THE WAY MY SHEPHERD LEADS ME

Revelation 7:17  "For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water.  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

I saw this verse posted earlier today and the Lord spoke to me gently saying, "I will lead You".  I can remember as I was first growing in my walk with the Lord, it felt natural to follow the leadings of the pastor, of the teachers; following their directions as to where we should go, what our behavior should be.  And I don't think this is a bad thing as long as it is not the first and main followings.  As my attention fell to man, I became very disillusioned.  Not that they were out of order or anything, it just did not always line up to what I felt the Spirit was telling me in the Word.  Do you know, preachers do not all like to be questioned about their walk; about their teachings?  So I fell to keeping what the Lord was showing me to myself; becoming afraid of sharing what the Lord told  me; after all, who was I, they were the preachers.

We are not meant to live in fear of man.  When the Lord speaks to us, and reassures us that it is He that is doing the talking, He usually intends for us to share what we are given.  So many times, it is not meant just for us alone, but to edify others also.  When you are not free to speak what is given to you, you find yourself receding within the walls of self, the enemy's favorite place for you to be.  As long as the enemy can keep you shut up within yourself, afraid to speak what the Lord gives you, then he can go on and torment others as he has you pretty much imprisoned.

The day that I was released from the prison I had let myself be locked up in, the day the Holy Spirit told me to speak and removed all fear from me was a wonderful day.  That Sunday in church I had the stirring from the Holy Spirit to sing, something no one else was singing, and I did not, afraid of what would be said.  I went home that day so empty as I felt the Spirit leave me when I failed to follow Him.  I wept for a long time.  I decided that day there would not be another occurrence as this one.  I could not bare to have have my Lord disappointed in me; I could not fail the Holy Spirit again, I could not let Him take His annointing away again.  The next Sunday, the Lord tested me and gave me a word to speak, I opened my mouth and began speaking.  I have to admit that some people looked at me strangely, but I spoke every word the Lord gave me.  I knew the Lord was pleased with me and that is all that mattered to me.

Now, I let my Shepherd, my Lord Jesus lead me.  Where He goes, I will follow.  I will worship Him as we go along, no matter what the road is like, I am not alone, I feel His presence; so I worship, endlessly in my heart, out of my mouth, throughout my entire being.  The Name of Jesus comes out of me so naturally as breathing.  I love to speak the Name of Jesus.  His very Name has healing in it.  His Name gives me such joy, just to speak it, to say His Name over and over with love, with adoration.  To bless His Holy Name with my worship, to always let Him know how much I love Him, what He means to me.  And as He hears me whisper His Name so lovingly, He leads me, as my Shepherd, caring for me, keeping me from harm, watching over me so gently, so sweetly.

My Shepherd refreshes me daily with His grace and mercy; streams of living water He pours into my soul, the balm of His love restores me day in and day out as He guides me through each day, showing me the way to release His power through my prayers, through my songs, through my witness. 

A shepherd never is far from his sheep.  And my Lord, my Shepherd is always  near, He never lets me stray from Him.  I like knowing His hand is on me, that He has me connected to Him in such a way that I can lose my way, that I cannot suffer harm; to get to me they have to go through my Lord, my Shepherd.  There is no one that get through my Shepherd to harm me.  The only way I can be harmed is if I fail to trust Him, if I fail to let Him do the leading; if I fail to follow only Him.  This will not happen.  I intend to stay next to my Shepherd, to let Him lead and guide me.  This leads to true happiness for me.  I have been on the other road, and I know this road is the right path for me and I will not stray from it again.

This 2nd day of August, 2011, my Shepherd is leading me.  I love You, Jesus, You are my King.  I am just Your worshiper, I know that I am special to You, that You take delight in my worship.  I will follow You, Lord Jesus, my Shepherd, all the way to Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment