Monday, August 22, 2011

THE DEEP HUNGER

Romans 15:13  "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

There came from within me a hunger that I didn't seem to be able to satisfy.  It was not for food, as I cannot think of anything I was really hungry for, and the things I ate did not satisfy it.  There seemed to be nothing I could do to quench a thirst that came from deep within me.  A search for something that could not be seen with the eyes, an endless journey that always ended back at the beginning.  Something lost but unable to be found. 

Then that day, almost a year ago, at home getting ready for work, worshiping the Lord as I got ready, just flowing with the music, worshiping, giving love to my Lord, seeking Him, needing His presence to fill that emptiness within, that hunger; then He was there, warmth flowing from my head to my toes, extending to my fingertips, every part of my body warm, a flowing through me that seemed fluid but not, that seemed to hold me in place but I felt like I was floating, a wholeness filling every part of my being, leaving no place untouched.  And then it was over, but not over.  For when the warmth left, there was a feeling I had not felt before.  I had experienced joy, I had peace at times, but now, now there was no hunger.  That deep hunger that had kept me searching for so long was no longer there.  That hunger, that thirst had been satisfied.

Close your eyes for a minute and think of the most wonderful experience you can imagine.  Feel the arms of the Lord around you, blowing warmth through out your entire body, filling every part of you, holding you motionless but feel yourself floating, flowing in His spirit.  Breathe in His sweetness, that beautiful fragrance of His love, and let His peace wash over you, let His joy fill you to the deepest part of you, deep into your soul.  Just wait, don't hurry past this, just let Him fill you to overflowing with Himself.  Fill them up, Lord, as You did me, fill them up till they are overflowing with Your joy, with Your peace.  Just let yourself be one with the Lord here, as you read this, one with Him, and then keep that feeling in yourself, don't let go of it.  You don't have to let go, the Lord will not ever leave you if you desire Him to stay.  He will stay as long as you worship Him, as long as you adore Him and reach for Him, seek Him alone.  Just worship Him now, thanking Him for His presence, for His touch on your life, for His love.  You know this is what you have hungered for, thirst for; nothing else but the Lord can satisfy this hunger, this thirst.  He alone knows what you need, you know He is what you need.  You need the sweet, ministering power, spiritual presence of the One that loves you so much.  The Lord, our Savior that gave His life that you might live, free to be one with the Father, free to receive His peace, His joy.

A hunger that can only be filled by the One who calls you His beloved; a thirst that can only be filled by the flow of the river of life, the river that flows from the throne of God, the river that will never dry up, that will replenish you daily with new mercies, new grace and an unconditional love that will lift you out of any despair, any form of depression.....but you must lean on the Lord, give all your cares and concerns to Him and let Him become everything you need; trust Him, give Him your heart, your life.  He longs to fill that hunger deep within you.

My Lord, my beautiful King, my Bridegroom, this 22nd day of August, 2011, I am filled to overflowing with the sweet waters from that unending river of life, I am filled with Your precious Holy Spirit, that never leaves me, never stops drawing me to that well, that place where I can be filled again and again.  The place where my deep hunger is satisfied, and where I thirst no more; He draws me into Your presence, my Lord, into Your presence where my every need is supplied.

No comments:

Post a Comment