Monday, August 29, 2011

SPEAK, LORD, SPEAK TO ME

Exodus 20:8 "They stayed at a distance and said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen. Bud do not have the Lord speak to us or we will die."

Afraid, so afraid, the children of Israel were, afraid of God speaking to them directly, afraid they would die.  Only Moses got to hear from God, the others were content to hear second hand from the Lord.  It was different then, and then, we must remember, they were not exactly looking to commune with the Lord, to offer praises to Him.  They were so blessed by the Lord, but complained about so much.  Looking past the fact that He fed them from heaven, satisfied their thirst, freed them from bondage, they were still disgruntled.  Forty years they wondered, what a time-out.  And yet, the Lord loved them so much, He forgave and forgave.  He would put them away from Himself only to have His heart yield once more towards them and draw them back to Himself, save them from themselves time after time and pour His blessings on them.  And still, they would reject Him.  They never voiced their desire to hear from Him; fear is a terrible thing.

His final blessing would come, His love so great, so sweet, He sent His Son to earth to draw His people back to Him, to be sacrificed for their sins, for our sins, past, present, and future sins all placed on the love and grace of His Son.  When our Savior died, descended into hell and rose victoriously from the grave, that dark hole that could not keep Him, could not hold the Victorious Lord, the King of Kings, He rose and through His sacrifice gave us gifts beyond measure.  Our salvation, freedom from sin, the precious Holy Spirit to dwell within us, His own Spirit to be with us, our Comforter, our Guide, our dearest Friend.  But He also made the way for us to go past that veil, now torn into, past the veil into the Holiest of Holies and into the presence of our Father.  To hear from Him, to have His thoughts and desires penetrate our very spirits, we now have access to the God of all creation, the Father of us all, dearest Pappa.  How my Pappa loves to have me come to spend time with Him.  I make time to spend with Him. I only wish that I could be with Him at all times.  I have found ways to draw away, even in the office, just to draw away in my spirit with Him, to rest in Him, to feel His sweet peace flood over my being.  I could not have stood it back in those days; I am certain I would have braved everything to approach my God and pleaded for an audience with Him, to hear Him speak to me.  My desire to be with Him would have driven all fear away.  Yes, I know things were different then, but I truly feel that when God sees hearts desiring Him so much, it changes things, it touches His heart deeply.

My God, you are so worthy of all my praise.  I thank my Savior, my beautiful Jesus, for making it possible to me to have such a special, intimate, relationship with You.  No fear in drawing near to You, my God, as I can feel the love You have for me, I can feel the sweet drawing on me, Your wooing me to come and be with You.  I know You love my worship, I know it pleases You when I sing to You, when I tell others of my love for You.  I live to please You, Pappa.  It is my desire to spend my time with You, to sing the songs of my heart to You, to worship You from my soul, my spirit ringing out Your praises.

Speak, Lord, speak to me this night, speak to me in the morning, I long for Your words of love and encouragement.  You tell me of Your plans, a little at a time, drawing me along each day, deeper and deeper into the life You have for me, the beautiful life you have for me in You.  This 29th day of August, 2011, I am desiring all that You have for me, Lord God; speak to me of Your love,  my Lord, I am listening for Your voice alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment