Wednesday, August 3, 2011

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS

Jeremiah 23:6  "In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety.  This is the name by which he will be called "The Lord Our Righteousness"."

Isaiah 6:10  "I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God.  For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness."

My Lord, Your Righteousness....my heart leaps as I think of how very righteous You are.  As I read these scriptures, the Holy Spirit just fanned me with a gentle breeze, so hard to describe how the words flowed back and forth to me....The Lord, our righteousness.  I know that in myself I am not righteous, I can not even dream of being anything in my own self.  But You, my King, my Beloved, You gave Your all for me.  When I think about Calvary, the cross, so long before I was born, but still You thought of me, took that last breath and said "It is finished", knowing that one day I would have need of knowing my sins were behind me; knowing that the battles I was in, the struggles I would have, the attacks from the enemy, all these things were already taken care of.  All battles were fought, the victory won and I was on the winning side.  I came out victorious through You, through Your sacrifice on the cross.

So hard to write tonight my Lord, as I am so undone by Your Presence tonight.  I am humbled by Your Presence, by Your righteousness.  I know that for me to have life beyond this one I had to be redeemed by Your precious blood. You knew all these things about me, You knew what I was, the sinful state I was in; but yet, You came to me.  You chose me in the condition I was in.  You saw something in me that I could not see, had no idea was there.  I only knew I thought I had lost You, that I had gone too far from You to be redeemed.  But no one can really go too far, can they, my Lord, not as long as in the depths of their heart, their spirit longs for You.  And my spirit longed for You, my Savior, longed for those days when I was going to church, reading the Word worshiping You.  How could I have gone so far, distanced myself from the only real love I ever knew?

You, my King, You lifted me up to Yourself, You cleansed me with Your blood, Your precious blood poured out for me at Calvary.  You dried my tears, and then You, You alone, with nothing of myself, nothing I could have done for myself, You alone put Your robe of righteousness on me.  It is Your righteousness I wear, Lord, not mine.  No one is righteous save You, my Lord.  No one has their own righteousness, it is all Your righteousness that You put on me, on others.  When you cleaned me up, You gave me Your robe of righteousness and Your joy to clothe my spirit, Your peace to fill my heart, my soul is full of worship for You alone.  I can never be away from You.  I need You in my life, Jesus, You are my the love of my life, You mean everything to me.

Thank You, my King, my Lord, my Beloved for Your love, for Your touch on my life.  Oh Lord, thank You for Your presence in my life, Your presence here tonight as I write.  I never want to be out of Your presence.  You fill me with Your righteousness, You cloth me in Your righteousness, You pour Your righteousness out over me, then You present me to the Father, with Your words, "Here she is, Dad, here is Your worshiper Pat", and then clothed in Your righteousness, He sees me through You and draws me to Him and holds me.  Only because of You, Jesus, can I be with my Father, my Pappa. I love Him so much. Thank You for making the way for me to be with Him, thank You, Jesus, my Lord.

This 3rd day of August, 2011; still I am drawing from the sweetness of Your presence, basking in Your love, in the sweet essence of Your love, the glory of Your righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment