Thursday, August 18, 2011

HE KNOWS MY NAME, MY VOICE, MY HEART

Exodus 33:17  "And the Lord said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."

The Lord knows me.  I have no doubt that when I worship, when I sing praises to Him, He knows exactly which voice is mine, and what my name is.  See, I don't just use my voice to ask my Father for stuff.  Yeah, that is what a lot of it is, stuff.  I can remember my prayers of years ago, "give me, I need, please do this for me" and what did my beautiful Lord get in return?  Well, I won't go there as it is forgiven and put far from me, far from my Lord, but let me just say, it was nothing like what He should have been given; what He is now given daily, morning, noon and night.  All my worship, all my praise, all my love.

I can also remember when my heart did not make my Lord very happy, I am sure it grieved Him, caused Him to have to let me walk in places He would have preferred me not to go, but it was for my good, to bring me to true repentance, to draw me back to His arms, where I belonged.  I will never go away from my Lord again.  He means more than this world to me, it will just not happen; I am never leaving my first love, my Lord, my God.  I cannot think of life without my Lord without weeping. 

One Sunday months back in church as we were worshiping the Lord, I looked out and saw the people just half way worshiping, some not at all and when we stopped singing, I told them (I was miked) that the Lord was waiting to hear their voices, hear them worship Him with the same voices He heard so often asking for help, for healing, for protection, for peace.  I told them the Lord knew what my voice sounded like, I worshiped Him all the time, but He was wanting so to hear their voices raised in worship to Him.  Did this connect with your hearts?  Does the Lord, does our Father hear your voices raised in worship, in praise to him, or does He just hear your voices when you need Him, when you need Him to get you out of a situation, or need healing.  Is that the only time He hears your voice.

What does the Lord see when He looks into your heart?  Does He see a heart with love, total adoration for Him; or does He see a heart that has no room for Him, that is full of self interest, full of fear, full of unforgiveness for those in your life?  It is time, don't you think to clean that heart up; get rid of all those things that will only grieve the Father, grieve you also.  Our beautiful Lord is waiting for this call from you, a call to come into your heart, totally, without reservation; give to Him all of you.  Ask Him for forgiveness, open your heart for Him to inspect, sweep out all those things that don't belong there and redeem you to Him.  Give Him your heart, give our Lord a beautiful, loving, dwelling place for Him to come and be with you.  He's waiting to pour His peace, His joy, His love into you, to hold you close to His heart.

I love You so much my Lord.  I worship You, yes, Father, You know how much I love You.  I can feel You smiling down on me, I know You are pleased with me.  I love Your presence my Lord.  I love how I feel Your arms around me, my heart almost stopping at the touch You give me.  I know Your voice, my God.  This 18th day of August, 2011, I know Your voice, I know Your heart; and I know You know my name, my voice, and my heart as You dwell with me and I with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment