Sunday, August 14, 2011

THE THORN IS FOR OUR GOOD

2 Corinthians 12:7  "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of satan, to torment me."

This thorn has been a discussion between myself and a good friend on a few occasions lately and as I was reading my Bible before church this morning, the Lord directed me to this verse and began to show me some things. 

As we continue in the Lords work, we all have times that the enemy will come upon us and set us up by telling us how wonderful we ministered, how beautiful we sang, what great work we did, and on and on.  When in fact, none of it is at all possible without the Lord, it is for His glory we do what He leads us to do, not for our own glory.  So the Lord showed me, that there will always be something that will echo in our mind, a little part of our past that has been forgiven, forgotten by Him, but left in the recesses of our memory for our good.  It will be that little thing that satan will try to rob our joy with, but instead it will serve as a reminder of how the Lord picked us up from that pit we were in, cleansed us of all unrighteousness and placed us where we are now.  He showed me that was my thorn.  As many times as I have asked for the Lord to take it from my mind, it remains there and now I can see clearly why.  To remind me of my imperfection, that there is none perfect but my Lord and Savior, Jesus.  The only way that I am made righteous is in Him, made whole is through Jesus and given access to the Father is through Jesus. But, His grace is sufficient, so sufficient for me.  It is by His grace that the thorn is there to serve as a reminder, nothing more.  It is not to harm me, but to help me.

The thorn.....much as I dislike it, I glory in the fact that the Lord loves me so much, He will leave me with that so I can remain thankful, humble and not boast in my situation.  My only boast can and will ever be in Who He is, in His love for me, His child, in the fact that He is indeed my Father; but it is not truly boasting for all God's children can proclaim that.

I do want to tell you about the services I was in today.  Both services so annointed, so heavy with the presence of the Holy Spirit.  This morning was only a touch of what tonights service became.  The Spirit of the Lord so heavy in the church, at the altar, you could hardly stand up, hardly walk; some became literally drunk in the spirit.  What an annointing was placed on the pastor tonight, healings took place, Words from the Lord delivered, my wonderful Father had a Word for me.  I am so blessed.  My life just keeps going higher in Him, as I continue to trust Him, give Him my all, He is pouring out His Spirit on me.  I cannot tell you how blessed I am, how very blessed. 

My Lord, I can handle the thorn in my flesh, only because I know You are with me, each step, each day, never leaving me, always loving me; loving that I will remain humble before You.  This 14th day of August, 2011, I am loving You, my Lord; surrendering to You, all my love, all my worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment