Saturday, August 13, 2011

CHILDREN OF GOD

1 John 3:1  "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!  The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."

Beloved Father, how is it that there is still so much prejudice in our world; so much mistrust, dislike, pure hate for others.  I know the answer to this question, but I just wish it could be different.  I have always had a problem with the mistreatment of others just because they were different.  And yet, I can remember a few times when I, also, went along with the crowd.  So ashamed of that behavior, yes, I know it was not often, and I was young, but it is still shameful.  Hurt me inside, disturbed me so much, but did not have the courage to stand up and say it was wrong.  The enemy sure has a foothold on this earth in the area of prejudice, of course it works for him, as it keeps Your children divided.

All this brought to mind so strongly as I saw the movie "The Help" this evening.  I, once again, was very disturbed at the treatment of some of Your children by others who claimed to be Your children.  This was a very true depiction of those days, and I do believe a lot of it still exists in forms today.  Mistreat some today, but go to church tomorrow and want to do good things for the very ones they mistreated.  Such a waste of their time, as it will not be blessed by You, my Lord.  I know You do not bless what is not done with a clear heart, a heart with love.

What a world this could be dearest Father, if all would just love as Jesus loves us, as You love us.  If we could all put the other person before ourselves, give of ourselves, serve each other, "wash the feet" of our brothers and sisters as our Lord showed us to do, humbling ourselves before them, honoring You, my God, in these acts of giving, loving.

 I have thought myself as the least prejudice person I know, Father, but I believe I do have some prejudice.  I have prejudice against those who use others to better themselves, step over people to raise themselves higher, ridicule others to attempt to make themselves seem better or more important.  Yes, I am prejudice against this type of person.  I don't have them, I actually feel sorry for them as I know how it turns You from them, as this is open sin, it profits them nothing.

The movie saddened me Father as it brought back to memory all those days, when I was young, when so much injustice went on simply because people wanted to live freely, to live without fear and mistreatment.  But what gave me joy was seeing how, although mistreated, these ladies loved those little children to whom they cared for.  And these little children loved them dearly.  The ladies were God fearing ladies, who loved You and gave that love to the children.  Encouraged them. 

I love You, my Lord.  You are my Glory, You are my Joy, my Peace,, my Love.  I read today in one of my devotions, Father, that You just want me to throw myself into Your arms and embrace the life that You have given me, to give You all the cares of my heart, to just live each day in You, yielding all to You, and letting You take care of me.  For me to rest in You.  I love You so much, Father.

Father, I ask tonight that You give all those who call themselves by the Name of Your Beloved Son, that call themselves Christians, I ask that You give them the feelings of Your heart, that they see how You would have them love each other, care for each other, without prejudice, without guile.  Lord, I ask You to bless each one of Your children with Your love, grace and mercy tonight.  To rise them up in the morning and draw them to one of Your houses of worship, to worship corporately with each other, lifting up the Name of Jesus, and glorifying You.  I ask that they embrace the company of Your children and give to others as servants, loving each other through You.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

This 13th day of August, my Father, I thank You for showing me Your heart.  Let me always be sensitive to Your feelings Lord, to love, to serve all God's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment