Monday, August 8, 2011

MY FATHER,THE KING

Psalm 44:4a  "You are my King and my God,"

Memories came back to me this afternoon of a hamburger place in my hometown.  In fact, it grew to be so popular there was a trio of them around town.  The burgers were what you would call 5 napkin burgers as the juices ran down from them, truly the best.  The owner had a little girl and when he started making commercials, he let her star in them.  She was all dressed up and at the end of the commercial, she would say "they say my daddy is the king of burgers....I guess that makes me a princess...".  When I remembered this, and memories like these do not come without a word from my Father, my King, my God.  He told me I was the child of the King.

I have to admit, I kind of swelled up in pride....and I cannot feel shameful of that kind of pride.  We should be proud of Who our Father is, not who we are, but Who He is.  He is the Creator of all mankind, He is the Creator of everything you see, the sky, the earth, water, mountains, each one of us.  Nothing has been created without Him.  I realize a lot of people will say, well so and so invented this or that, but make sure you understand this one thing....it would not have been created without our God, the Creator of all.

But here I am, driving home, thinking about the Lord, my Father, and me, the child of the King.  Now, if that doesn't bless you, then, as a dear friend would say, then your blessers broke.  How much more blessed can I be, than to be the beloved child of the King of Glory, the King over all creation, Almighty God.  Just who I am to Him, His beloved child.  My Father, the Beginning and the End, He was there at the beginning, He was there at the beginning of my life, He will be at the end of my life; I see Him waiting for me, arms open wide, a beautiful smile on His face, I will get to see my Father's face, at last, I will behold His glorious face; He will have those wonderful words greeting me, "Welcome home, my beloved child, I am so glad you are here with me".  My Father will be so happy to have me with Him at last, as I will be so happy to be there.  Never to leave Him again.  His presence so warms me here, but I can only hold in my heart what glory is in His face, I can only see in my spirit the smile upon His lips, and I can only hear in my soul His laughter, His joyous laughter when I tell Him how much He means to me, how much I love Him.

So now, I am caught between is it wrong to be proud....I cannot help but think in this instance it is perfectly okay, for it is so wonderful, so amazing when you think of it, when you recognize who you are, what this relationship between the Lord and you; my God and I, what this relationship truly is.....I am, you are, we are children of the King.  We are high and lifted up by Him, we have been paid for with a price so dear, the  precious blood of our Beloved Savior, God's own Son, given heirship to the kingdom of God.  We are, I am, beloved by the Father.

This 8th day of August, 2011, I am knowing that my Father is pleased with me, His child, His beloved child.  And me, well I am overwhelmed by the knowledge of who I am, that child, and I believe that makes me pretty special, yes, pretty special indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Pat for sharing these thoughts with us and God bless my friend! It is so great to know that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords is also our Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete