Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HIS PRESENCE

Hebrews 12:28  "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and joy, for our "God is a consuming fire"."

This has been quite a day.  I was not going to talk about worship tonight, I was going to talk about my Father, His being a consuming fire.  And maybe it all connects here.  I have been thinking about worship most of the day.  Yes, I know, you think I do that anyway, and I do, but today it has truly been on my heart; is my worship truly reaching God?  You can see the enemy has been sitting on my shoulder playing in my mind again.  As I was driving around at noon, seeing the area where I worked, I was thinking about worship, was I good enough to come before the Lord, my God, Himself, direct just me to Him, was I worthy enough, was I clean enough.  It struck me so deeply I began to weep as I was driving; thinking that perhaps I had been wrong all this time, perhaps I did not touch my Father's heart like I had believed, and so I cried.  My soul just wept and the tears ran down my cheeks.  How could I be wrong, I know the touch of my Father, and I know His presence.  It is different from that of my precious Savior, Jesus; different from that of the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit comes to me from inside flowing out; do you understand that, what I mean by inside to out.  He dwells deep inside of me and I can tell when He joins me outside of myself, but mostly I feel Him inside, speaking to me in the Spiritual realm.  Jesus, my sweet, beautiful Savior, I can always tell when He is near because I smell the fragrance of His love before I feel His presence.  That beautiful fragrance flows from around Him, and I always know He is near, then I feel His presence.  But my Father, my God, my God when He comes, when His presence descends upon me, I feel my insides quake and quiver, my heart begins to pound inside me like it will explode, and I have chills all over me.  My breath becomes almost distant from me, my chest heavy with anticipation of His touch on my shoulder.  Yes, there is a difference in the presence.  So I know I cannot have been wrong knowing that when I worship my Father, my God, it is direct from me to Him.  So here I was, in a state of wonder, weeping.

And then, there He was.  He is never far from me, from any of us that love our God so completely, He is always close.  Into my spirit He put His words, "No, my child, you are not wrong.  You worship me, just like I taught you, just the way that pleases me, with your whole heart, your whole being. You are not wrong about knowing that your worship reaches me." 

We must worship our God in a way that is acceptable to Him; pure, truthful, wanting nothing but to please Him, just to worship Him for who He is, for the joy it will give Him, for the pleasure He will receive knowing we love Him so much and desire to give our all to Him.  We must come before Him cleansed from all unrighteousness, all sin.  Asking forgiveness for anything we have done that did not line up to His Word, asking His forgiveness, in Jesus, His Beloved Son's Name.  Then let our worship go up out of our spirits to His Spirit, let our songs of love and adoration flow from our souls, our lips to His throne room, to His waiting ears, waiting to hear those voices He so longs to hear.  He waits, you know, for the voices of those He has redeemed from so down under, that He knows have left that former life, shed that old man, and accepted the redemption He so longs to give all; He knows their worship is so special to us as we long to touch His heart with our love, He has done so much for us, given us eternal life, given us His love.  So He waits each day for those voices, perhaps above all the others that have never left the pathway He set for us all; but for those of us whose path took us so far away, and now like the prodigal we have returned, hearts overflowing with thanksgiving and love for the Father that took us back; placed that robe of righteousness upon us, that ring on our finger binding us to Him forever; and now our song of worship and adoration fills  the heavens twenty-four/seven, endlessly glorifying our God for His goodness, His love.

My God, consume me with Your fire of love, Your fire that will burn Your Word deep within my soul, pour out that fire from Heaven, from Your throne, all around me, marking me with those words, "This is My child, My worshiper".  I only want to be known as that child, Your worshiper.  Pour out Your presence on me continually, my Father, as I never want to be away from You.

This 9th day of August, 2011, how can I leave this without professing my love once more, my Father.  I love my Savior, Jesus, with my heart and soul.  He is my Bridegroom, and I am so ready for Him to come for me; my beautiful Holy Spirit, without Him, I cannot abide in this world, for He guides me, teaches me, corrects me; and He and my Lord Jesus give me the open door, the access through Them, to You, my Father, my God, to be one with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment