Saturday, August 20, 2011

PROMISE OF GOD

2 Chronicles 7:17  (Message)  "As for you, if you life in my presence as your father David lived, pure in heart and action, living the life I've set out for you, attentively obedient to my guidance and judgments, then I'll back your kingly rule over Israel; make it a sure thing on a sure foundation."

Solomon had completed building the Temple of God, the palace and all was finally completed. Through the generations of thought and design, it was complete, by David's son.  A place of beauty, a place of worship, dedicated to glorifying the Lord.  Complete.  The Lord was pleased with Solomon's work, with his dedication to the Lord and had told Solomon, that if the Lord's people would humble themselves, turn from their wicked ways, and worship and seek the Lord's presence, that He would always be there for them.  And He would always be there for Solomon, if he kept himself pure and devoted to the Lord.

Reading these scriptures, these beautiful promised words of the Lord, He touched my heart with them and made them so real to me, to my life.  The Lord has lifted me from a place of despair to a life that He has ordained for me, that He had planned for me, to bring me unto Himself, in a place where my consecrated body, my heart would be a temple for Him to dwell in.  A place that would hold only love and devotion for Him alone.  As He knows my heart; knows how I love Him, He also knows that worshiping Him is my desire, my desire to please Him, to devote myself to pleasing Him alone.  I seek only You, my God, none other will I look for.  I awake in the morning with words of praise for You and all through the days I worshp You; at night I look for You, I seek You so I may rest in Your Presence; rest in Your peace.

My thoughts tonight are on The Blood, the shed Blood of my Savior.  The Blood that has made all my life possible, made what I am in You, Lord, possible.  The Blood that has consecrated me, made me righteous in Him alone, so I may dwell where my Lord dwells, so He can come dwell within me.  No other way could I have been cleansed, sinful world that I am in,  partaking in this world; so sinful; but my Lord Jesus came, walked this earth, endured such ridicule and punishment, for a sinner called by the name Pat.  But His Blood, His Blood was shed, poured out for me, and washed me clean, gave me new life, a new person was born again in His spirit, and I was given a new name.  Yes, I am still called Pat, but the name takes on a new personage, as my name is now written in the Lambs' Book of Life.  The old person died, sin died, and a new person took up residence in that body, a new person with the Spirit of the Lord dwelling inside, making this person, the one called Pat, beautiful, lovely, pure of heart, totally in love with her Lord.  A vision of what was sometimes wants to appear but is quickly put down by the Holy Spirit's leading and prompting to block that emergence of that person, that person is no more.  It was never who I was, it was only what the enemy twisted and corrupted through circumstances I could not control.  I AM who my Lord God made me to be.  His child, His worshiper, His dwelling place.

My Lord made a promise to me.  If I turned from my sin, if I laid down those things of the world, those things that were not of Him, He would lift me to Him, He would see that I dwelled in His presence.  O my God, my God, how I feel Your presence now, this moment as You give me these words, as You surround me with Your love, I cannot help but weep for joy, for Your presence in this room.  So beautiful You are my Lord.  You promised me that You would sustain me in all You led me to do; You will never leave me or forsake me.  You told me when things came against me, just to rest in You, not to let it stress me or upset me, just to leave everything to You, You would take care of it all.  If it works out the way I wished or if it did not You would show me Your glory in it all.  You would lead me out victorious, as long as I stayed in You.  I will never leave You, my Lord God.  I love Your presence, I love the way You control things around me, for me.  I worship You, only You.

This 20th day of August, 2011, my Lord, I am resting in Your promises to me.  I am aglow with Your love, with the radiance of Your love on me.  I will worship You my Lord all my life.  O Pappa, how I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment