Sunday, August 21, 2011

WHILE I'M WAITING

Psalm 25:5  "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

I wait on You, my Lord.  Teach me to wait quietly Lord, not complaining of the wait, not worried that You will not hear me when I call, or answer any questions I have for You, but teach me to wait with faith.  Let me wait with joy in my heart, peace in my soul.

As I wait, dear Lord, let me not be useless to You; let me not run dry; let me serve You, let me work to please You, to worship You.  Let me show Your goodness to others, let me encourage them in You, showing Your love, Your mercy and grace; while I wait.  Give me direction and wisdom, Lord, in all things that concern what You will have me do for Your Kingdom, for You.  Let me have Your words that will supply faith and trust for others in You.

Your grace and mercy to me, Lord, sustain me while I wait.  And I know Father, that You will not make me wait beyond the time that my heart can stand.  You have prepared my heart for the journey, for the high places and for the desert places.  You, my Lord, have made the path smooth for me, but left a few places rough so I can realize at all times that I need You for my daily walk,.  It is not a journey where I only need you on Sundays, or only rough days, but I need you each day, no matter whether the road be through a garden of lushness or a desert of dryness.  When there is lushness You have taught me to savor each moment, not to rush through this time, but to store up the knowledge You share with me, the sweet fragrance of the living waters You pour over me.  You tell me to drink deeply of the waters, to drink past my fill, to drink to overflowing.  Then when there is a day where it seems like the enemy is hovering over me, threatening me with a dry, dark place, I can draw from that living water that is stored in my soul, and overcome anything the enemy is throwing at me.  The enemy can not overtake one who has been dwelling in the richness of the Lord and has stored up the precious Word, the very Living Water of life within themselves.

So while I wait, Father, teach me more.  I can never receive enough of Your teaching, of Your Word.  Let me drink to my fill each moment, each time I sit and read the beautiful passages of Your Word, those words that seem to leap from the pages into my spirit, giving me such satisfaction and peace.  My soul is satisfied in You, my King, my Lord.  So satisfied.  Living words that so often bring tears to my eyes, tears of joy as I read of Your love; as I read of Your provision; as I read of the day I am waiting for.  I wait for You, my Bridegroom, I wait for You.  As I wait, I know You will lead me daily into the path You have set for me, You will lead me into Your righteousness, Your grace.  You have placed me on Your mountain to wait, Lord; on Your mountain where Your presence fills every crevice like a deep fog, like smoke from the fire of Your love for me, the flames of forgiveness and mercy never failing.  Your presence assuring me that one day I will always be with You, visibly seeing Your precious face, withholding Your sweet, sweet face with my eyes. 

This 21st day of August, 2011, I am in Your presence, in Your arms in my spirit, in my heart where love abounds, where the spring of Living Water never stops its flow, I am in You, my Lord, while I wait for You.  "Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14.  I am waiting my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment