Thursday, August 11, 2011

SURRENDERING IN WORSHP

2 Samuel 6:14-15  "David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the Lord with all his might, while he and the entire house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets."

King David completely gave all he had to the worship of the Lord.  He did not care who saw him, who ridiculed him for giving all he had, completely abandoning himself, immersing himself in total worship to God, his awesome God. 

I am so happy worshiping my Lord.  It is to me such a joy to completely give myself to worshiping Him, not worrrying what someone might say, what they would think.  This was not always the case, as I use to be concerned of what man thought of me, what they might say about me.  This was a couple of years ago, I believe it was due a lot to my not understanding what my worship, the worship of His children, means to the Lord, to our God.  I was not taught growing up that I was born to worship.  I was taught a lot of things about the scripture, about the Bible, but the Word never was alive to me, never spoke to me as it does now.  I would sing songs, but you could not call what I did worship, some might have thought it was, but I know different now.

When you truly give yourself over, forgetting about who you are, what you are, except that you are the Father's beloved child; oh, how can you not worship Him just thinking of that one thing, His beloved child....my heart just wants to beat out of my chest thinking of His loving me as such.  But when you just love the Lord so much, when you want to please Him with all of your love and praise, then when you lift your head towards heaven and let the soulish, heart stirring words of adoration and worship rise from your lips....I can feel His smiling in my spirit when I do this.  I can feel His heart, the sweetness of His heart returning that love back to me in His manner, which is pouring out of Himself, wanting to bless me, bless any child of His giving worship and love as this, my Lord is so happy when He hears this type of worship.  What grace is given, what love poured out.  My God so wants His children to love Him, to seek Him and worship Him.  He loves us so much.  I only want to live my life in such a way that gives Him pleasure, that pleases Him, that lets Him know how very much I love Him, that He is my everything, my All in All.

Can you just see David, stripped down of all his finery, just dressed as the others, dancing with complete abandonment before the Lord, not caring what anyone thought, just celebrating the Lord as the Ark of the Covenant was carried into Jerusalem, where it rightfully belonged, David, so happy that the Ark was back, knowing how it pleased the Lord.  He just danced and danced.  Even ridicule by his wife did not shake his enjoyment in giving to the Lord his worship.  How many times do we begin to worship and something happen to distract us, or to make us think we look foolish or that someone might say something about us, and we draw back from that complete giving all.  Only give some, just a little and no one will notice much.  Yes, I can say this to you, as I told you before at one time this was me.  I know what it is like.  I wish I could change that now, but I cannot, I can just go from where the Lord has brought me and give all to Him with joy, with excitement, with all my heart, just to worship Him, just because I love Him so much. 

Did you know that the Jewish people would not call God by His name, Yahweh, because it was the Lord's name, his special name.  They felt that it was to personal to call the Lord, Almighty God, by His personal name as He was so holy, so very holy.  So they called Him Adonai instead, they did not want to disrespect the Lord.  And me, I call Him Pappa. What a name for the Great I Am, the God of all gods, my Father.  But the difference here is, when Jesus paid the price for our sins at Calvary, the veil was rent into and Jesus gave us, made the way for us to have complete access to the Father, made righteous in Him, by His shed blood.  And our God, finally had access to His children, could look upon us through the righteousness of Jesus, His Beloved Son, and have a relationship, a closeness with us.  Now I can go to my Father, my Pappa, and talk to Him, sit in His presense and just sit in that glorious atmosphere that flows everywhere the Lord is.  Just to breath in His glory, do you do this?  Just sit quietly with your heart so full of love, your spirit so intuned to His heart, and just breath in His presence.  I cannot do anything but weep from the sure joy of Him, of His love.

I will sing, I will dance, I will worship with my whole being before my Lord.  I will give one hundred percent of myself to worshiping my God, my Lord.  Nothing held back, everything given.  This 11th day of August, 2011, I surrender my entire being to worshiping my Lord.  To giving Him all my love, all my worship, as He is my God, He is my Father, my Pappa.

No comments:

Post a Comment