Thursday, August 4, 2011

REJOICING HEARTS

Psalm 105:3  "Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice."

How can I describe the feelings I have when I close my eyes and see myself at the feet of Jesus, feeling His hand upon my shoulder, bending His head to listen to me tell Him how much I love and adore Him.  Don't you do that?  Don't you close your eyes and see yourself walking hand in hand with our Lord, listening to His words of love and peace as He shows you the places you have seen so many times, but in His eyes, those places become like a beautiful oasis in the desert, rich, lush, peaceful.  Seeing through His eyes, this creation of the Father, the care and thought that went into each aspect of our earth, the sky.  Seeing this created earth as it was meant to be seen, with Godly eyes.

I look at clouds all the time.  I heard that the clouds were the dust off God's feet.  If I could touch the cloud, perhaps I could touch my God.  Reach up through the cloud and touch the hem of His garment...can you feel that, touching the hem of His garment, total healing throughout your entire body, total restoration of brokenness, all memory losses becoming like golden nuggets of time, coming back to you.  What perfection lays in touching God, total body restoration.  Shock waves of love flowing so strongly through you, you cannot keep your feet on the ground, just floating like a balloon with the Father holding the line, tethering you to Him.  I can see Him laughing with joy at my jubilence, at my total undisciplikned joy and wonderment of His love.  Excitement bursting from me as I come back to earth and realize that the love is still flowing through me, through every inner part of my being.  I don't think my heart can contain the joy.

What joy is found in my God, the Creator of this earth, the Creator of my being; knowing each speck of me, dust formed by His hands into what He wanted me to be.  I can feel Him still forming my heart, molding it to contain His feelings, His desires for me; pulling it to stretch me in areas He wants me to grow in, tucking in the edges where they may have gotten out of order, restoring the shape of His plans.  My Lord, I always want to be pliable in Your hands, to be stretched, shaped into Your image, to be as You desire me to be.

Some of you may think I have gone off into fantasy tonight, but I don't apologize.  My Lord, my God is the love of my life, my every thought.  I so often close my eyes to picture myself sitting at the feet of Jesus, climbing into the lap of my Father to rest with Him holding me, dancing with my Bridegroom, walking in a beautiful garden, hand in hand with my Lord, inhaling the fragrance of His love.  For you see, my Lord loves me to picture Him like this, He would love you to also.  When we do this, He knows our desire for Him is above anything else, and He cannot help but come, join in these thoughts, and give me my hearts desire, the reality of His presence.

This 4th day of August, 2011, I am singing songs of worship to the Love of my life, He is my everything.  My God, my God, You are everything to me.  I am Your worshiper, just Your worshiper whose heart is rejoicing once again in Your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment