Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BY HIS SPIRIT

1 Corinthians 2:10  "but God has revealed it to us by His spirit."

The Lord reminded me of a silly joke that went around years ago about a lady that went to have her hair done but was wearing earphones and insisted they not take them out of her ears, she said it was a matter of life or death.  Well, she fell asleep under the dryer and they were concerned she could be harmed from the heat on the earphones so they removed them. Later seeing she was not breathing, they picked up the earphones and listened; they heard "breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out".  Such a silly thing I thought for the Lord to bring to mind, but then He spoke to me and said, "My Spirit is a life or death matter to My children".  And then I understood why He reminded me of the joke.  To get the point.

Our lives depend on the indwelling of the Spirit of our Lord, the Holy Spirit is more than just that voice inside you that warns you of dangers, tells you when you have need of repentance. The Holy Spirit is our life link to the Lord.  He is the direct connection to the throne room of God. We cannot have a relationship with the Lord without the Holy Spirit.  If you say you are saved but are not filled with the Holy Spirit, then you have no life in the Lord.  There is no life, no true life inside you.  What you have is head salvation.  Only thoughts and knowledge of what the Word of God says.  You do not have the heart knowledge of our Lord God.  You know of God, you do not know HIM.  Knowledge of our Savior, relationship with our God comes from the Holy Spirit, through Him. 

Now I am no theologian, I cannot compete with those that can quote scripture and verse; I have lost that ability of memorizing that I once had; I have asked my Father to return that to me.  For so many years, things that happened to me were so traumatic that I forced myself to forget them; what actually happened is that those things remained and I lost memory qualities for things I would like to remember.  But my God is good and is restoring to me the things He wants me to know.  But, what I am trying to say, is that even though I do not have the knowledge some have, I have what is important, what is life to me.  I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me, I have His voice in my spirit at all times as He leads and guides me, as He gives me utterance to sing unto my Lord, to praise Him above all things, and to pray the prayer of a child seeking her Father.  My prayers are not great oral scripts, just simple words expressed to my Lord as if He and I were sitting together and talking.  I talk to the Lord all day long, I believe that is to me what they mean by continually in prayer all day long.  I go from talking/praying to my Father to worshiping Him.  I have learned to do this even when I am working with people in front of me.  It is the Holy Spirit that leads me to do this, that guides me in the ways of my Father, teaching me how to please Him, how to worship Him.

The Lord speaks to me through His spirit.  I cannot say I have, as some people have, heard the audible voice of my Lord.  I would love to hear His voice, loud, resounding through the air, but I don't think I have.  I have heard Him though so many times through the Holy Spirit, His own precious Spirit that dwells in me, in this vessel that I am, the cleansed vessel, daily washed by the blood of the Lamb, restored nightly with love and new mercies by my precious Lord; keeping me righteous and making me fit to be the house of the Lord, for His spirit to dwell in me.  God's life giving Holy Spirit.

Without the Holy Spirit, I would have no life.  I don't mean I would be dead, but spiritually I would be; there is no spiritual life without the Holy Spirit.  I need to breath in, breath out, breath in the freshness of the Holy Spirit constantly.  I cannot do anything on my own, nor do I want to.  I have to have the Holy Spirit guiding me, lifting me from all concerns, worries by reminding me of Whose child I am.  I am not abandoned, I am not forsaken, never.  I am loved, adored, treasured by my Father.  My Father loves me passionately and the Holy Spirit never lets me forget this, never lets me forget that I can do all things in my Lord who strengthens me, who gives me life.

By His Spirit, I live.  I live freely, without bands of bondage to weigh me down, without fear, without regret, without sin.  If I fail, the Holy Spirit quickly draws me to repentance which brings forgiveness and restoration, new life.  I love You, Holy Spirit, You are life to me.  This 10th day of August, 2011, I am blessed; I am alive spiritually, having been given life, my very breath by His Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed, right when I needed it and from the precious spirit that His Spirit sent it through!!! Gotta love Him and you!!! I do!

    ReplyDelete