Saturday, March 12, 2011

WORSHIP --- OUR HIGHEST CALLING

Psalm 95:1-2  "Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song."

We were created to worship the Lord.  We were made to give Him the highest praise and adore Him.  Just for who He is, Lord of Lords.  Almighty God.  The Rock of our Salvation.  The Beginning and The End.

We do not gain anything if we reserve our thanks and worship for when we want something of the Lord.  Yes, He responds to this praise but it does not thrill His heart, it does not draw us into His presence.  The true entrance into the Throne Room of God comes with a heart that is completely, without reservation, worshiping the Lord out of sheer love and adoration of Him.  Just for Him, who He is. 

I think some people will just never truly understand. This is why we were created.  God does not need anything we own, He does not need anything we may have, He owns everything already.  It is His.  The entire earth is His, His creation.  He created us to worship Him.  It is our highest calling.  He does not need people to stand in church and sing songs.  He probably doesn't like all the songs we sing.  But when we sing songs that exalt His Name, songs that call to His heart from our hearts, songs that tell of our love for Him, calling Him down to be with us.....how He loves those songs.  They can be 3 words, 50 words, it doesn't matter.  What matters are the attitudes of our hearts....the expression of our souls, the longing, desperate song of a people that want the Lord's presence more than anything on earth. 

Joy, that is what our hearts should be filled with when we worship the Lord.  Our God is looking for those who love to worship Him. Whose pure joy is found when they are expressing their love to Him in song.  People who cannot wait to get with their Christian brothers and sisters and corporately sing out praises and worship to our God.  Just thanking Him for all He is, for His love and blessings that He pours out abundantly upon them.

There are those that would argue that this is important.  But I feel these people are just going through the motions for effect, or to impress.  God is not impressed.  He sees the hearts of those before Him, and He knows.  There are others that are concerned how they will look to their neighbors, how they sound when they sing, and raise their hands in praise and worship to God, well, we can't do that.  I know there are folks that long to be free to raise their hands up to the Lord, but because of religous background have invisible chains on them.  It just wasn't done.  Father, grant them freedom before you to worship as You would have them worship You.  Their hearts are longing Father, it's their minds that keep telling them it is not proper.  David danced before the Lord, and the Lord was so pleased.  Pure, unashamed worship to God.  It is always the proper thing to do, when your heart is pure before Him, any expression of worship is pleasing to God.

My Lord, I love to worship You.  You have shown me it is the most important thing we can do for You.  It is what You desire the most from Your children.  Worship.  Adoration.  Your Word is full of instruction for Your children to worship You, to praise You, to adore You.  You tell us to worship You when things are going wrong, when the enemy attacks us, we are to worship and praise You.  There are reasons for this.  You respond to pure heartfelt worship.  Immediately.  There is no wait when You hear the beautiful songs of Your beloved singing to You.  You go down right away to be with us.  You want to be with those that love You so.

I worship You always, constantly during the day, when I am awaken at night, and if I dream, I am most probably worshiping You in my dreams.  It is all I want to do.  I don't want for anything Lord, just for Your presence.  Your presence is the single most important thing in my life.  As my worship is number one for You, Your presence is top of all desires for me.  I love You, my Lord.  I worship Your Holy Name.  You are so wonderful to me; You have never let me down, and I know You have never left me alone.  Your love reaches down to me and calms my spirit, thrills my heart, gives peace to my soul.  My mind is full of Your attributes, Your ways, Your leading me.  I place my life entirely in Your Hands.  I will never leave the calling You have given me.  You taught me to worship You.  I know it is of upmost importance to You to be worshiped.  I will worship You the rest of my life.  There is nothing that can take me from You.

This wonderful, gentle feeling You give me when I worship You, surounding me with Your presence, lifting anything from me that is not of You.  When I worship You, all concerns leave me as I know You are lifting them off me as I sing and worship.  You deserve all the glory, all the honor, all my worship.  My Holy God, worship, my highest calling, is what I will give to You always.  There is no one like You, Father, Your blessings pour down upon me as I worship You. 

On this 12th day of March, 2011, I am worshiping my God, I am fulfilling my highest calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment