Monday, March 14, 2011

DEPOSITS INTO OUR SPIRIT

2 Corinthians 5:5 "Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come".

The Message Bible interprets this scripture "The Spirit of God whets our appetite by giving us a taste of what's ahead.  He puts a little of heaven in our hearts so that we'll never settle for less".  I was ready the scriptures as I thought the Lord was going to have me talk about time.  I had heard two wonderful lessons concerning time just since last night.  Both having to do with what time is it in our lives.  What does God have planned for us now, at this season of our lives.  And now that I am actually putting my hands to the keyboard, the Lord is leading me, actually to time and to what He shows us.  I don't know why I am so surprised when You do this Father.  So often we begin one way, deviate, and go back. You do it I believe to show me, actually show me Who is really doing this work.  Thank You, my God, that it is You leading this work, that is the only way I want this. Yes, Father, back to work.

This scripture comes from an area where the Word is telling about our Heavenly dwelling and what longing is in our hearts for this.  To go home now, wanting so badly to be with the Father.  But yet, it is not our time, not His time for us to come home.  God has so many things He wants accomplished in each of us while we are here on earth.  To many, there is a need to become that worshiper He so desires each of us to be.  Practice, practice, practice....practice until it is our hearts desire to do nothing more important each day that worship our Lord.  Until it is second nature to breathing, worshiping the Lord.  You see, that will be the main focus when we go to be with the Father.  It is not how well you sing, or play an instrument or not, it is the heart, the desire to want to do nothing but worship the Lord. That will be what we do there, in the home God has prepared for us, we will worship.

For now, worshiping glorifies our Lord.  Our worship gives Him joy, gladness and delights Him like nothing else can.  There is a time, now, that the Lord is wanting us to fulfil what He called us to do.  I know He has called me to move, and is setting things in motion for me.  I need to do my part, to be ready when He says, "Now, let's go".  I have such a peace about this.  He sees to all details whenever He has a plan for our lives.  You must listen for His voice to tell you about it.  He will give you several messages and when you have it in your heart, He will begin to show you His intentions.  He gives you glimpses of His plan, stirs your heart with a longing to follow Him, to do whatever He wants you to do.  Even not knowing all of what He has for me, I have been given small ideas, inklings if you will, and it has excited me so much.  I have always longed to work in ministry and I believe if I just follow Him to the destination He is showing me, He will work me into that plan of His.  He has stirred it up so strong in my heart that there is no doubt His intentions, in His time.

Have you had a glimpse of what heaven will be like?  So often during worshiping my Lord, He has filled me with His presence, an overwhelming feeling, and I feel in my spirit what it will be like to be with Him all the time one day.  The presence is so precious, so glorious that I cannot want for anything else, nothing else but His presence.  It is His plan to make us desire Him more than life itself.  He has definitely achieved that plan in me.  As He occupies my thoughts all day long.  Remember being a teenager and that first love, it was so important, you could not think of anyone else, could hardly get through the day, the longing to be with them was so important.  Well, this is how it is with me, how I feel about my God, my precious Lord.  He made me to love Him and worship Him, and has placed in me such a desire, that nothing else has any importance to my life but Him.  My Lord, my King. Hallelujah, I am someday going to be with my true love, my God.  His timing.  He alone knows when, but He is planning on it.

Time, God's time, for my life.  Time to proceed in His plan for me, it is almost time. He is showing me that. Time for my heavenly home, not yet.  But soon, He tells me, the return will be soon.  Can't you feel it in your spirit, that it is almost time.  Almost time for the Lord's return for His Bride.  Are you ready?  It is time to get ready, there will not be any room for being late for this. You will get one chance to go immediately, caught up with Him in the clouds.  Don't look back. There is nothing more important than our Lord. Put Him first.  It is time to get your priorities straight.  First, our Lord.  Time.  It is my time to be in God's glory, in His place for me; I rejoice in His time.

I will worship You forever, my God.  I give You my life to fit into Your timing.  I am ready to follow You wherever You want to put me.  I love You, all my love belongs to You.  This 14th day of March, 2011, I pray for Your time.  I pray for Your presence.

1 comment:

  1. SUCH a WONDERFUL blessing as usual, and what a wonderful God we serve to know (as usual once again, what's unusual is that I listened...sort of an lol) that I needed to read before cooking. Thanks again my friend-P.Penn ...is that 3 rhymes? Yes, I believe it is!!!

    ReplyDelete