Tuesday, March 8, 2011

LETTING GO

2 Corinthians 6:16-17 (Message)  "Do trust and mistrust hold hands?  Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple?  But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives.  God himself put it this way: "I'll live in them, move in them; I'll be their God and they'll be my people. So leave the corruption and compromise; leave it for good," says God.  Don't link up with those who will pollute you.  I want you all for myself."

A friend.  I had this friend and You told me to let go.  I thought, Lord, this was someone that was totally, wholly surrendered to You, as I was.  They seemed to be just the kind of friend I could depend on, that would show up when I needed some understanding, a little encouragement, and just plain be a good friend.  Yes, I found out they had some problems, but I thought they were trying to overcome them with Your help.  I thought they had given the problem to You and were wanting You to help them.  I had come to care so deeply, so much.  Praying daily for this friend, wanting to help, do whatever I could to be their friend, a real friend.  But I did not know the depth of the corruption.  The depth of their real being.

All the things they said sounded so real, so true to what Christians say.  I was slowly being taken in, one step at a time, one word at a time.  Drawing me in emotionally, prayerfully, taking a lot of my time; devoting myself to prayer for them, caring what happened to them, concerned about their health, their life.  Not knowing the truth; not seeing past what I was hearing.  But You, my God, You knew.

You, Father, gave me words to say that I did not understand, but You knew just what would bring things out.  You knew what would surface.  And it did surface.  I was taken back, but then You gave the right words to respond.  All in You Father.  Nothing mean, as that is not Your way, or the way You want me to respond. Just the right words. Loving, honest words.  Words that would still give way to reconciliation should they change, should they surrender completely to You.  Leaving the door open for return should they give their all to You.

But it hurts, Lord.  I am trying to rid myself of the sorrow I feel as they had secured a place in my heart.  I feel betrayed, Father.  I feel they betrayed me, letting me think they were one thing and finding out it was not that way at all.  Not truly Yours at all, Father, but dividing themselves still between Light and darkness.

But You, Lord. You could not let the friendship continue as You knew it could corrupt me as I was unaware  of this spirit that was being hidden. So You made the spirit appear out of them, boldly coming out, so I could see what You saw.  You knew once I saw this I would immediately know it was not a good friendship.  You knew I would back into You for Your wisdom, Your understanding, so I could see with clear eyes.  Thank You, Father, that You give me the ability to see with clear eyes, open eyes, seeing as You do, the dangers lurking near me.  I know Lord, there is no way You would let me continue in a friendship that was going to harm me.  Thank You for Your loving me so much.

Lord, I let go, and in letting go, I know You will release that binding spirit that held me to this friend.  I also know Lord, that I can let go of the person they are now, but will still love the person that once was, that part of them that I saw through Your eyes.  The part that I know loves You. Truly loves You. One day they will go all the way in You, and rebuke that other part of themselves that sickens You.  I know this is acceptable to You, Lord, that I continue to love that part of them, that part You hold on to also.  I know Lord, that You will fill this place in my heart with more of You, closing that space that wold have been empty and hurting, sealing it with Your love, touching it with Your gentle hands, softening the hurt, giving that place joy found only in Your precious love.  Your healing touch to my heart.

My God, You love me so much, Your protection of me, not wanting anything to harm me, keeping me safe in Your love, with Your Holy Spirit, moving inside me, stirring my heart to obey only You.  Knowing You always show me the truth, knowing I will follow Your truth, letting all else fall aside.  You are my Lord.  I will never forget how You love me Father, how You protect me, guide me in Your ways, only Your ways.

I will walk with You, Father, all the days of my life.  I will let You choose my friends, those who You know will give substance to my walk with You, not take away from it, but add quality to my life.  To join with me in worshiping You, lifting up Your Holy Name.  Precious Lord, I cannot tell You how much I love You, how very much You mean to me.  I do not fear man, as You are in me and I am in You.

This eighth day of March, 2011, I am in awe of Your mighty power, Your sight into things I do not see, and Your faithfulness in showing those things to me.  I worship You with all my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment