Monday, March 7, 2011

IRREPLACEABLE

Jeremiah 10:6-7  (Message)  "All this is nothing compared to you, O God.  you're wondrously great, famously great.  Who can fail to be impressed by you, King of the nations?  It's your very nature to be worshiped!  Look far and wide among the elite of the nations.  The best they can come up with is nothing compared to you."

There is nothing, no one compared to You, my God.  As I was thinking about my upcoming garage sale, and what all I had that I wanted to get rid of, needed to get rid of, I was thinking about things that perhaps I should keep, that I would not be able to replace them.  Then I had to laugh at myself, for I already knew in my heart that everything I had was replaceable.  The only thing, the only one is my life that is irreplaceable is You, my Lord and Your presence.  I can never replace the wonderful relationship I have with You with anyone on this earth.  Nor do I want to.  I just about have it all, I believe.  Not in anything that money can buy, for we both know, I have no money, but the important things of life, I have it all.  And my Lord, You have given it to me. Your presence, Your love, Your sweet peace.

When I think of all that so many deem important to their lives, I can only wonder if they have ever spent a moment in Your presence, sitting at Your feet, soaking up Your love, Your grace.  Feasting on Your Words, Your wonderful Word.  No, they couldn't have, or they would understand that all the things money can buy are nothing compared to You.

As I was thinking about You, my Father, and how no one can replace You in my life, in my heart, You reached down and gave me a hug, and told me that I was irreplaceable to You.  I was not sure I understood, and You told me again, that I was irreplaceable to You.  You told me that no one could replace my  place with You.  I had a special place in Your heart that no one could fill.  That when I was not worshiping and praising You, that space was void, no one filled it.  Only I can fill that place.  I could only wonder how that could be with all the children You have that have loved and worshiped You so much longer than I.  You told me they had their own place, that each one of us has our own place in Your heart.  Each of us different, but each having our own special place with You.  When one of us drifts away, Your heart aches for that empty place, nothing fills it until we return.  I, irreplaceable to You, my God. 

There will never be another void in my place in Your heart, my Lord, as I will never leave You, ever again.  Nothing could ever convince me to leave the love of my life, my Lord, my King, my Groom.  I can hear the sounds coming from Your throne room, Lord, as worship goes up each time one of Your loved ones declares their true love for You.  Such rejoicing, happiness for You, that You are receiving praise, Your glory returned to You in worship by those You love.  Your heart gladdened by love, true, total love rising up to You.

My Lord, how can I even think of anyone else.  You know You occupy my heart and soul all the day and night long.  My mind is filled with ways to glorify You.  I ask each day that You protect my mind as I only want thoughts of You in my mind.  I don't want anything coming in that is grievous to You and then to me.  Just You my God, in my mind, in my heart, my soul.  Irreplaceable You, wonderful God, loving Father.  How majestic You are, my God, how glorious, so worthy of all my worship, all my love. And, Lord, it is Yours, all Yours.  You are my Glory, You are my Righteousness.

This 7th day of March, 2011, I come to You, my Lord and King, and declare to You that You can never be or will ever be replaceable in me.  I will never let go of You, Lord, never.  You are life to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment