Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DOING AS I'M TOLD

Jeremiah 1:17 (Message)  "But you...up on your feet and get dressed for work!  Stand up and say your piece.  Say exactly what I tell you to say.  Don't pull any punches or I'll pull you out of the lineup." 

Even have those scriptures you have read before but just read them, nothing special about them?  They did not seem to pertain to you?  Well, this is one verse that has not pulled me into it until tonight.  Sort of tells it like God wants it told. 

I was not called just to sit around and say I am a Christian, I go to church, I sing on the Praise and Worship team, I am doing what I should.  No, I am called far beyond that.  And so are you.  There is work to be done.  There are people that need to be told of the Lord's love and forgiveness, and they need to be told by example.  There are words that are being said daily by so many that are not necessary the Lord's words.  Shame.  And Father, I ask forgiveness if I have said words that were not what You wanted me to say.  Not the words I was told to say.  I understand that there are reasons You give me certain things to say.  I am not to question that they seem out of place, or that they make no sense to me or to the other person.  That is not my place. My place is to tell it like You said to, nothing less, nothing more, and let You be the One who puts the understanding.  I can see that now. 

Father, I know I have a work for You to do.  You called me to worship, You have called me to encourage others with Your love, Your words.  You have called me to pass Your words on to others who might not be able to hear from You due to their circumstances.  Circumstances do have a way of stopping the flow from the Father to us at times and some have such a hard time hearing the Father's voice as they are weary and beat down by the enemy.  Yes, Lord, work for You to be done.

As I write this, my Lord, I realized how fragile our job can be.  Time is short and if I do not do my work for You, You will have to pass it to someone else.  I do not want to let my work go to another.  I want to do everything You tell me to do, Lord. I need to know I am in Your will at all times doing what is required for me to do, what will please You.  I want to be what You designed me to be at this time of my life, what You have prepared me to do.  Dressed for work.  I know that does not mean the clothes I put on my body.  I know dressed means in Your righteousness, covered by the blood of the Lamb, carrying Your word as my sword, to use when confronted by the enemy.  Dressed in the whole armor You have made to protect me, to support me as I follow You.

The world is not ready still, not prepared, so many people not knowing or caring to know what will be happening.  I do not think for one minute that You want Your children to be fearful of what the next days hold.  I believe You want them to be prepared for the return of our King; that is the preparation needed for Your children.  You will provide everything, protect every child of Yours from everything else.  Unless all eyes are on You in the days to come, there will be  many falling away from lack of faith, lack of knowing truly You are exactly who You have always told them.  El Shadday, God Almighty.  The Beginning and The Last. You know each moment of our day, You know what we need before we do and You will take care of those children who do not fall away.  It is so important not to be taken by surprise when our King returns.  Can you not see there is nothing more important to be prepared for than the return of our Lord, our Savior.  The Bridegroom coming for His Bride.  I know, Father, You so want all Your children to come home. 

So I am telling them, my God, just like You have told me.  Put their priorities straight.  Number one, the Return of the King.  There is nothing before or after that.  You don't need to be stockpiling supplies.  What is needed is stockpiling the Word in the hearts of all God's children; fueling the hearts of others with God's love, God's message of salvation.  The work, the necessary work we are called to. 

Our God will lift us from this world, from all that is going on here, He will take care of us like we never expected, if we will just do as we are told, love Him above all others, worship Him with a pure heart, love others as the Lord tells us to.  We have nothing to fear.  We need to walk in His peace as an example to those who do not understand the grace and mercy of God; be a witness of His wonderful love.  His joy, His peace.

My Lord, I love You so much; You are my Glory, my Shield, my Portion.  You give me everything I need, everything I could possibly want.  You are my everything.  Your presence is beautiful and I abide in Your precious love and Light.  Thank You my Lord.  This 16th day of March, 2011, I am doing as I am told.  I am dressed for work.

3 comments:

  1. You said (wrote) it all in the last paragraph. What could I comment? Other than so be it. Amen. Keep on going, and going to bed early!...you've been doing really good lately!!! Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it will NOT let me up-load a photo! It is telling me that either the file is too large or it is an invalid file! I've tried several including the 'dove' that I forgot to send you!

    ReplyDelete