Wednesday, March 9, 2011

DRAW ME NEARER

Psalm 73:28   "But I'm in the very presence of God...oh, how refreshing it is! I've made Lord God my home. God, I'm telling the world what you do!"

Lord, I look to You for everything I need.  There is nothing I do not talk to You about.  As I go about my day, doing my job, talking to customers, sensing their needs, seeking You for the right words to say; the right words to bring comfort, encouragement, Your love; I need You near.  I don't always feel the passion I should when I talk to others, and Father, I want to feel Your passion for these people, these hurting people.  I usually do, but sometimes when I am weary, tired, or in need of comfort myself, it does not always come through like I feel it should.  There is nothing I would not do, Lord, for You.  I want to always do what You ask me to do.  I just need You near.

How can I express my love to You, Lord.  I need You every moment of my day.  Where can I go, my God, that I would find another love, another unconditional love like You give to me.  I can only lift my hands in worship and thanks to You, each moment I think of You, of what You mean to me.  I begin to cry, my God, when I feel Your touch on me.  When You are so near, the weight of Your pressence is so great, and I love it, how I love Your presence.  I could stay in Your presence to the end of my life.  There is no other place for me, that I can be comfortable in.  Now that I have felt Your glorious presence, there is no other place. 

Someone said there is a group that think You will return on March 21st, I think that is the day I heard.  Of course, everyone knocks it down as it does not fit what man thinks.  But my Lord, if tomorrow were the day, I am so ready.  I look expectingly into the clouds each day, I look into the sky, looking for You.  Desiring You to come, praying for Your return, longing for You.  I just need You near.

Lord, how could I face tomorrow without You.  I know tonight You will give me sweet rest in You.  I know You watch over me as I sleep, keeping me in Your arms, holding me close; not letting any harmful thoughts invade my rest when I am unaware.  You are there.  Near.  And tomorrow, You know what is there, and You have prepared it for me.  I know You will bless my comings and goings.  There is no where that I go, You do not go with me.

Draw me nearer, Lord, nearer to you.  Let me rest in Your arms when I am tired and weary.  Let me sing worship songs to You as I sit at Your feet.  Let me look into the eyes of the God who loves me so much, who gave so much to secure my love.  I just want to tell You how much I love You, how much You mean to me.  I cannot live without Your presence.  I just need You near.  Always Lord, let me know You are near. 

This 9th day of March, 2011, my God, I am your child needing You near to me.  I just need You near.

No comments:

Post a Comment