Saturday, October 1, 2011

YOUR LOVE STILL AMAZES ME

Jeremiah 31:3  "I have drawn you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness."

My Lord, my wonderful Lord, I can not move past Your presence these last few days.  The realization You have given me, so tender and merciful, of Your love for me.  No matter how I look at myself, no matter how irritated I get at myself for not being what I think, what I feel I should be at this time and place, You move all that aside in me to show me what is important....You love me with an everlasting love.  What I do or do not do is not what makes You love me; it is who You are that makes You love me.  The songs keep coming to me, "How can I keep from singing Your praise", and "Holy, Holy, Holy are You Lord".  Just over and over, resounding in my spirit, Your wonderful Holiness, so Holy, so beautiful You are, my Lord, so beautiful.

For days now, I have been taken into a special place with You; I do not want to leave this place, so peaceful, so sweet.   And now, Your presence fills the room as I try to type this, leaving me, leaving me powerless to do anything but sit, and wait until You allow me to continue.  My God, my God, how precious You are.  Words fail me now, as I am so aware of Your love.  Coming home today, the enemy so active in thought piercing my mind, can you believe he put a thought of suicide in my mind. Just drive your car off the road, he said.  What evil he can put in minds.  I hate to think of this thought going into the mind of someone that doesn't know Your love, Lord.  He just does not give up, no matter how I think he would quit trying to slip things in on me, he still does.  I rebuked him instantly and asked Your precious Holy Spirit to put a safeguard on my mind, to reject these thoughts as soon as they come.  Why would I contemplate something as this I told that evil one, how could I ever want to leave what You have for me here, the plans you have for me, Lord.  Why would I even want to do this?   As I am writing this, thinking perhaps I should remove it, You won't let me.  It is for someone that will read this. I see, my Lord, it was so I would place it here. It was not meant for me at all; the thought was showing me someone else's mind.  I see now, it happened to me as You knew I could reject those thoughts, secure in Your love; someone else perhaps not as secure might let these thoughts linger, causing them to question You, wonder if You loved them.  Yes, Lord, I understand.  You want those who read this to know without a doubt that You love them, unconditionally; they can do nothing too bad for You to love them, they will never be cast aside as long as they will call on You, You will lift them from whatever place that they think cannot be changed, and You will draw them to Yourself, taking that burden from them, loving them and forgiving; being their Savior, their Lord.

I wondered at the time Lord, why this thought was placed in my mind, now I see Your plan.  You knew I would have to talk to You about it and You could give me the words for Your child that needed it.  I know You will have that one right person read this.  I may never know they read it and needed the message, but You know, and all I want to be, is a useful vessel for You.

If I may return now, Lord, to Your love for me, I am so blessed.  Today having that thought in my mind for that instant, it reminded me of what real love is.  Your love, the only real love I know.  I love You, Lord, I love You passionately.  This 1st day of October, 2011, this day ending this week, a week that has been so filled by Your presence, I still, my God, am amazed at Your powerful, wonderful, beautiful love for me.

1 comment:

  1. You are now in Terry's category in that I could never thank you enough for writing this.

    ReplyDelete