Friday, September 30, 2011

THE ONLY POSITION I WANT

Ruth 3:8  "In the middle of the night something startled the man and he turned and discovered a woman lying at his feet."

Have you thought about what heaven would be like?  Real thought, deep serious thought.  Have you pictured a mansion or a cabin perhaps by the river of life or perhaps have you considered what you would do all day long, there in heaven.  So many to see, family and friends gone before us, visiting the prophets and disciples.  How glorious will it be to actually meet Peter and Paul, oh, yes, King David.  I wonder if he still writes psalms.  I have a feeling he does, as I am sure that some of his psalms have filtered down to a friend that composes the music of heaven for us on earth.  I feel certain the Lord gives some of King Davids songs to His psalmists here on earth to use to draw worship from His children back to His throne.

Each time I think of heaven, I close my eyes and try to picture heaven, to draw it deep into my memory, wanting a sight of what it will be like, but I only see one thing.  I know the angels and elders are worshiping our Lord there, as I do here, only with so much more beauty, all notes perfect, words and sounds a mixure of only the sounds heaven can produce; choirs singing these songs, instruments playing softly, all singing, Holy, Holy, Holy; thousands and thousands of saints joining in the chorus, Holy, Holy, Holy.  But I don't see this.  Even though I know this is what is taking place, I don't see it.  When I close my eyes to picture heaven I only see one scene.

I see me, sitting at the feet of my Lord Jesus.  I am never any place but at His feet, leaning on His knee, looking into His eyes, those beautiful eyes that are looking at me.  His eyes smiling at me, yes, my Savior knows, that this has been what I have dreamed of for so long, and there it is, finally, a reality, my Jesus with me at His feet, listening to every word that comes from His lips, His voice, so sweet and soft.  So soft as that is what pure love sounds like, soft, sweet, beautiful.  He asks "Is there something you would like to know, my beloved", and all the things I thought I would ask Him when I got to heaven, all those unknown things that seemed so important; now my chance to find out; they all vanish from my thoughts as I look into those searching eyes, looking at me to see if I have something more in my mind, more important than He, and He finds nothing that takes His place, as any thought other than He has fled from me.  My only thought is of Him, my Redeemer, the One who gave all to save me from an eternal death, the precious Lamb of God who drew His last breath draped in sin, my sin; beaten, whipped, bore stripes upon His back for every illness and disease I will ever have or come in contact with; the Son of God who descended into hell and took back the keys of my eternity from the enemy, so stunned at this miraculous, King of Glory who rose from the depths of sin and dispair, bringing victory to all who would love and follow Him.  My thoughts only of Him, nothing is more important; and as I see myself at His feet, I am just loving Him, worshiping Him, being drenched in His presence for eternity.

The only place I see myself when I dream of heaven, I feel the place of honor which my Lord gives to me as I love Him so, as I worship Him and give Him first place in my life here, honoring Him here, He will give me a place of honor, beside Him, He has told me, but I choose to be at His feet, adoring Him.  This 30th day of September, 2011, when I get to heaven, I don't need to be lifted up, I don't need to be honored, I don't need to hold any office, should there be any.   Sitting at the feet of Jesus, my Beloved Jesus, is the only position I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment