Saturday, September 24, 2011

DELIGHTING IN MY LORD

Jude 21  "Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."

I wonder sometimes, do people feel I am just lost to this world?  Do you ever talk about the Lord, your love for Him coming through with such passion that they look at you as though you have completely lost reality with the world?  Sometimes I get this look, and at one time, I must confess, it disturbed me.  Was I really not understanding the call the Lord had on me, was I misinterpreting what this love and intimate relationship was supposed to be?  I have wept so many times as the Presence of the Lord hovers over me and begins to consume me, from the head....my thoughts; to my heart.. ..feeling like it would burst with joy; to my spirit....leaping with excitement at the Holy Spirit's urging to be one with the Lord.  I did not think many understood what I felt, feeling sometimes strange, not knowing, but recognizing the hand of my God on me, knowing that He is so pleased with my devotion, my love, my worship.

A friend recommended a book to me by Jeanne Guyon.  I saw there were several about the Song of the Bride, the Song of Songs, and Intimacy with Christ.  As I began to read, my heart melted as I saw someone so many years ago understood completely.  I wept as I read the beauty of the intimacy of my Lord, and the meanings she interpreted to the Song.  To His kisses.  The true longing for this relationship with my God is so proper, so real, just as the Lord wants, we are His to command, to lead into a total love affair with Him that is consumated with the taking of the church at long last to Himself, His Bride to His kingdom.  We were created totally for the pleasure of our God, no other reason,  just for Himself.  The Lord draws me to Himself, freely as I seek Him, He knows that I am His alone, that there is nothing else that gives me pleasure save His company, His presence.  Only the things of the Lord give me real satisfaction, the ultimate sweetness of life is Him alone.

As I at one time wondered what people thought of me, that bothers me no more, as the only One I chose to please is my Lord.  It is what He thinks of me that concerns me.  If I am pleasing Him, how can I be displeasing to His children; and of the world, well, the world does not matter.  Only the Lord, and through Him, His children that love Him so much will understand me as there are so many of His children that are so like me....loving, adoring, worshiping my beautiful, wonderful Lord, my Savior, my Bridegroom.

This 24th day of September, I am delighting in my Lord, as I go deeper into the things of my Lord, as I seek Him, seek to please Him and worship Him with all my heart and soul.  My Lord, well, my Beloved, You know my heart.....You know my love....You know my delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment