Thursday, September 1, 2011

PARADISE FOUND

Luke 23:43  "Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise"."

Some days it seems like if the enemy can carve holes in it he will, just to let you know he has not forgotten where you are, who you think you are, or the fact that he can't get to you, not really, but he has to give it a good try, just to let you know he will.  I truly feel like it is not his will that gets him involved in your day, but the will of the Lord, releasing enough of him just to let him know that you are indeed His child and that He will not let anything he does come between you and your God.  So it was today, and once again, he tried and tried but he could not get me to break trust with my Lord.

As the period of time got more intense, more frustrating, I just sat down in my chair, took a deep breath, closed my eyes and listened.  As I sat there, I could hear my I-Pod playing in the back of the office, and the music began to filter up to me, softly, "Holy, holy, holy are You, Lord"; and as I listened with my eyes closed, I could hear my Lord speak into my spirit, "Lean on me, rest in me".  I just sat there, my spirit going into that realm where the Lord abides, that peaceful, sweet place where your spirit meets with that of the Lord's spirit.  As I felt myself being drawn into His presence I felt the weight of the oppression of the enemy begin to lift off me; the frustration I was feeling turn into joy and when I reopened my eyes, things looked different to me.  No longer did things appear dark but the Light was glowing around me.  I want to stop here and tell you that there were five people in the room with me and I was the only one that knew the atmosphere had changed at that moment.  They had to wait until I spoke to know things were different.  I spoke, assuring the customer that things were going to be okay, thanked them for their patience and knew just what to do.  Took care of the customer and when he left continued with my work.

Not to make you think that the enemy fled for long for he had a few other tricks up his sleeve, but now it did not faze me.  Everything he tried was rebuked and did not shake me.  I just patiently redid and redid everything he messed up.  Fax machine did not want to work properly, had to refax 15 pages 6 times.  Computer did not want to accept an account number, with the Lord's help, that was resolved also.  And so many sweet things brightened up the end of the day.  The boss called needed my temporary assistant to work at another center tomorrow even thought I have a lot of customers coming, I said not a problem, this is doable.  And then the Lord showed me rewards in being obedient, serving others and being graceful in the face of what could be hard to do tomorrow.  I know that no matter what happens tomorrow, He will be right there with me, and as long as my Lord is there, anything is doable.

Paradise can be found in a crowded room as well as on a deserted island.  Just close your eyes, lean into the Lord and listen for that quiet, still voice, that tells you He loves you, to trust Him, all will be well, nothing is impossible if your trust in in Him.  Paradise is the knowledge of knowing that God is not far from you no matter where you are.  Paradise is the sweetness of His presence in a room full of people and only you know that you are no longer with them but in that secret place of beauty with the Lord.

My paradise, my Lord, is wherever You take me to be with You, any time day or night, alone or when I have people all around me.  My paradise is knowing You love me extravagantly, richly, and completely.  I can get lost in You, in Your beauty for a few moments and that short amount of time is all it takes for You to pour Your strength and love into me and refresh my soul, restore my joy.

I love You so much, my Lord God.  There is no place I would rather be than in Your presence.  This 1st day of September, 2011, I have found my paradise, I have found my paradise in You, my Lord God.  In Your love, in Your grace, in Your beautiful presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment