Monday, September 26, 2011

ASKING FOR WHAT'S IMPORTANT

Matthew 7:7a  "Ask and it will be given to you...."

Sunday morning the pastor was talking about the the death of our Savior, when He cried out "It Is Finished";  that what Jesus came to earth for was accomplished, and completed and it was finished.  As the pastor was talking, the Lord began to talk to me about prayer, and what was the important that needed to be asked for.

The Lord told me that people pray for healing; healing is already promised in His word, He told me.  He said that when Jesus suffered the beatings, all the stripes on His back were for our healing.  There was no need to pray for healing He said, just to believe His Word.  Healing is ours, it was accomplished at the cross.  The Lord said people pray for provision.  He has already promised provision to us,  He has promised us food and clothing.  And we know He has given so much more. But He promises to meet all our needs according to His riches in Heaven.  It is promised to His children that love and serve Him.  Believe His Word.

Parents pray, families pray for the salvation of their loved ones.  Acts 16:13 tells us to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and we will be saved, we AND our household.  The Lord has already promised that He will save your loved ones.  He will draw them to Him; you may never see it for yourself, but He promises and He does not lie.  Believe His Word.

I could go on with the other things that people pray and ask the Lord for, but I will get to the point the Lord was making with me.  He told me the most important thing to ask for was His Presence.  It is the one thing that is not a given.  We need to ask.  We need to seek His face, we need to worship Him alone, loving Him with all our hearts and ask for Him to dwell within, ask Him to come, ask to enter into His Presence.  He is waiting for us to ask this one thing, to pray with all our hearts, seeking Him, yearning for His presence, asking Him to come.  Think back and remember a time when you were waiting for an invitation to come, wishing so much that you would be invited to this most important occasion, it meaning so much to you.  Well, that is what the Lord is doing.  He loves us so much that to be invited into our hearts, to be longed for, to be sought after, He is waiting to be invited to come dwell with us.  It is what He is desiring, to be one with us; to share our lives, to be loved more than anyone or anything else.  This is what we should be praying for; this is what should be on our lips when we lift our voices to the Lord.  His presence, the one prayer that is not given without asking. 

All our prayers for ourselves, for our loved ones, His Word provides, He has promised in His Word, it is ours through believing in Him, believing His Word.  Healing, pronounce His Word over yourself or your loved one for healing, "Be healed in the precious Name of Jesus"; provision, speak aloud His Word, "My God shall supply all my needs according..."; His Word is alive with all the promises, all the healing, provision, salvation for all.  It is there for His children who believe, who have faith that His Word is true, that He loves us.  The children who trust Him with their lives.

My prayer, my Lord God, is only for Your presence.  I desire Your presence more than I do healing, provision, as I know all is there for me.  Your Word has promised that You would never leave me or forsake me, so I know You take care of all my needs, You have in the past, You did today and I know You will tomorrow and in my future.  But I want Your presence.  I seek You my God, I seek Your presence.  I live for each moment that I spend in Your presence.  The peace, the immense joy and contentment I find in Your arms, breathing in the sweet fragrance of Your love, having Your joy flood my soul.  This is what is important in my life. 

This 26th day of September, 2011, I find myself looking back at what I use to ask You for.  Forgive me, Lord, as I did not realize the one, true importance in my life.  My only desire now is Your sweet presence, how I love Your presence, my Beloved.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing these good thoughts and revealings my friend and may our God fill us with His presence and may we pray for that often!

    ReplyDelete