Thursday, September 15, 2011

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS

Psalm 27:13  "I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

As I lay awake early this morning, Lord, my mind and heart on You, whispering praise and love to You, the Holy Spirit reminded me of some important things I had forgotten at work yesterday.  Wow!  My first thoughts.... dread at forgetting, berating myself for not remembering something so important, how could I have possibly forgotten something I do everyday. What a dummy I was, how could I do this?  And then, You, my beautiful Lord, You began to wash Your peace over me once again.  Not the end of the world, it was not the first time this had happened, perhaps not with me, but with many others.  Showing me, the times I thought it was so bad when someone else did not do it, well, it can happen to me also.  No one is perfect, save You, my Lord.  I can take care of it first thing this morning, get it done, not as good as doing it yesterday, but all is not loss.

Once again, my Lord, You have put things into their proper perspective, their proper order with me.  While these things are important, they do not have the urgency that the Kingdom of God has.  The true urgency of this life is drawing others to You, Lord.  My sweet Lord, life begins with You.  When You are made the focus of one's life, as mine is, then true life begins.  As we walk through this world, birth, childhood where we first learn to trust, usually our parents, this world has what we think, is our life in it's hands.  The world shapes us, things that happen either grow us strong or shatter us, depending on the strength we believe we have in ourselves.  Beauty, riches, popularity, all these things that are taught to us by society to be what shapes our lives, what makes us who we are.  So many are truly fooled by these perceptions of those in our world.  I, was also, once fooled.

My Lord, You, and only You, are truly the Creator.  My life, a disaster looking for a place to happen, when You, stepped in and took me off the merry-go-round of a life that was going nowhere.  You showed me the reality of life, the main focus of what my life should be, the true living of my life should be.....YOU.  When I began to truly know what trust was, where I could put my trust and it would never be lost, in You,, my King, where I would never be disappointed, then life began for me.  When all the talk of economics of our nation begans to put fear in people, You are still showing me that I can trust You for everything.  Nothing that goes on in my life or on this earth and beyond happens without Your knowledge, without Your hand.  You alone have the power to overcome all evil, all attempts of the enemy, all disaster.  I believe that things are allowed to strengthen me, strengthen all that call You Lord.  You will never forsake me or Your children as we look to You.  If all fails around me, I will not be devastated as I have my foundation in You, and You are not going to leave me.

When all else fails, when the systems of this world are no longer in place, I have You.  My day begins with You, it ends with You.  You are my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night.  My constant companion, You never leave me during the day.  I have learned to worship You in my entire being in a room full of people.  I sing songs of love and praise to You while actually conducting my work.  My spirit crys aloud to You with adoration, with words of love, calling to You in the deep of the night as I rest, nothing in me ceases to draw near to You, whether I am awake or asleep.  You have become everything to me, my every breath is You.  I don't ever want to live the way I did before Lord, as that was not life, not true living as I have found in You.

My Lord, my Savior, my dearest Friend, my life is in You.  My hope is in You, my strength is in You.  Thank You, my Lord, for this everyday mercy that was new again this morning.  Your grace that abounds to me each time I whisper Your Name, Jesus, each breath I take, grace abounds to me.  Thank You for loving me with a love that I know will never end; for Your faithfulness that has shown me I can trust You with my entire life, all that concerns me, You will never fail me.  Thank You for Your presence, which I love and desire to always dwell in.  I love You with a love that has consumed me, my Lord.  You are my life, my world and I love You so.

This 15th day of September, 2011, I know that if all else fails, once thing I know for sure, You are still Lord of lords, King of kings, my Savior, and the One that calls me His own, His beloved.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat! We have an anchor steadfast and sure, one that is always there and always our harbour in our storms! Thanks for sharing and God bless!

    ReplyDelete