Wednesday, September 28, 2011

MY BEGINNING AND MY END

Revelation 21:6-7  "He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of living water.  He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son."

How much more blessed can I be today, my Lord.  That You would choose to spend time with me, here at home today, to bless me with Your Presence, with Your Glory.  As I watched a 10 year old VCR recording of a worship service where You were being worshiped by thousands of people, such joy filled my heart as I saw unity in Your children, worshiping You, their Lord.  I know there had to be so many different churches represented there, but they stepped outside denominational boundaries to give praises to You, their God.  I wept with joy as Your spirit filled my home, as I knelt before You giving You the glory for my life, the honor of Your Lordship over my life.  And then later as I began to do some chores, You spoke to me, telling me You were my Beginning and You will be my End.

Then, my Lord, my King, my beautiful Savior, You told me that You drew me to you when my life began, loving me from before I was born; I was Your creation, created to worship You alone.  You told me that You would be my End, when You would come and draw me to You once again as Your Bride.  And then, my Redeemer, You told me that all the stuff inbetween from then to now, You CHOSE to forget.  It is as though it never took place; all the rebellion, all the pride, all the selfish acts of flesh; the times I walked the path that was not the one You chose for me; all forgotten.  Never to be seen again.  You placed Your Holy Spirit within me to lead me and guide me.  To show me when I erred, to show me the right way, not letting me reside in sin but drawing me out from the enemy's snares, back to Your Light.  The Holy Spirit, to be my best friend on this earth, to be my teacher, lighting up Your Word as I read, teaching me Your ways, showing me how to draw into Your presence.  As I was reading last night, Holy Spirit, You showed me that I am to content in what the Lord gives me.  Not to be asking for more than You are giving me at one time.  I can want more of You, I cannot help but want more, each day, more of You; but You want me to be content with the portion of You that You give me, learning to draw upon what is there at the time, absorbing each delicate part of You until I am completely at ease in that portion.  Until that time I understand each and every word that You give me, each gift at that time, until it is a part of me that will not shake.  Then You told me, more would come.  You told me to be patient, to love and delight in each portion of You that You give me at a time.  Patient, knowing more would come to me, more of You would come, when I became completely enveloped in what is already given.

As I write this, my God, I ask how can it be I am so blessed to receive from You.  How is it that You give me so much, You reveal so much to me.  I am so blessed.  I love You so much my God, so much.  I cannot imagine my life without You, without Your complete control over my life.  Yes, my Lord, I know, You give because I yield to You, because I love You without question.  Because I hold nothing to myself but give it to You for Your filtering, for Your Holy Spirit to sift through, making sure there is nothing I keep that is not of You.  You bless me, my Lord, You bless me so.

I began my life with You giving me birth, on Your day, You gave me birth, setting me aside to be Your worshiper, to be so in love with You.  And one day, I know my life will end.  I am not afraid of this end, as I know it will be the beginning of a beautiful day for me.  Many fear death, my God, and I pray they will come to truly know You and know that You love them, that You hold them in Your Hands, their time is in Your hands as is mine, the Beginning and the End.  The End that will be in You, when my work on earth is done, when I have worshiped You with all my heart here, glorifying You with my life, with my praise, I will be brought to my reward, my eternal life with You.

This 28th day of September, 2011, I know my end will come one day.  But until that day, I know my days will be filled with You, my Lord, filled with Your presence, as You show me Your great plans for me, as You use me for Your glory alone.  Precious Lord, the Beginning and the End.  How I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment