Saturday, September 3, 2011

I WIELDED THE HAMMER

Acts 2:23  "This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross."

It is early Lord, for me to write, but as I read and saw the question, "who nailed Jesus to the cross?",  it stuck through my spirit and grieved me so badly as I knew in my heart the answer.  It has brought me to tears and drawn me to the foot of the cross, not to ask for forgiveness as I know that has been given long ago when I asked, but to offer my heart felt thanksgiving to my Lord, Jesus Christ, my Savior.  Nothing I can ever do could take away  my hands on the hammer, striking those nails, each sin another blow, driving the nails in deeper and deeper. 

My Lord, my Lord, I love You so much.  You went to that cross knowing that the nails that originally were drove into You would be the saving grace for me, that without Your sacrifice, I would be condemned to eternal hell, with no hope of rescue.  Knowing what awaited You, You came down from heaven and showed a life that could be lived without sin, showed how love could be given regardless of the receipt of any for Yourself and You showed grace and mercy to those that would spitfully use You and abuse You.  You showed me that it was possible to walk this earth and give as it was given to You, and shift all the weight of burdens to the Father above, and to walk in peace and harmony with Your fellow man.

It has taken me a long time, many years to get to the point where I am in You now; knowing each time I sinned I drove the nails deeper; each time I rejected the calling You had on my life, the precious atoning blood flowed over me.  The nails hammered, the blood flowing, the sin forgiven; each and every time, the sin forgiven, covered by the blood.  My Lord, thank You for loving me so much that You never gave me for loss, but continued to wait, continued to call me, continued to forgive me and cover me with Your blood, Your mercy.

I know now, sitting here, typing my heart to You, Lord, that there will be sin again.  It hurts my heart so deeply to know that the hammer will be in my hand again, I don't want it to be, not ever, but I know as long as I am on this earth it can happen as You are the only perfect One.  But I can see to it that I do not willfully sin, that I do not intentionally cause You pain, that I do not knowingly cause You grief.  My Lord and King, I love You so much.  There is nothing I can ever do to pay the price for Your sacrifice, for Your giving all to save me.  I can only love You with all my heart and soul, I can only worship You with everything within me and I can only live my life to glorify You alone.  I worship You, my Jesus, You alone are Holy.

No, I was not alone on that hill, as I saw many with hammers in  their hands, but I can only speak for myself, Lord.  I can only give You my dedication and love, others witll have to speak to You themselves.  I can though give them words of encouragement and show them grace, tell them of Your forgiveness and mercy and that You love them so much.  I can show them the way to the foot of the cross, and show them how to put down the hammer.  Study the Word to learn the truth of the message the Father wanted to share with us, the compassionate love He had for us, and why He sent You, His only Son to earth to be the sacrifice for our sins, so we could have a special place in His Kingdom with You.

I knew that I had to come here, in worship and thanksgiving to You, my Lord Jesus, to have this burden of realization lifted from me.  Only at the foot of the cross can we know the true blessing of Your sacrifice for us; know the pure love poured out with each drop of blood shed from Your precious body, given for us, given for me.

You, have given me life in You, dearest Jesus, and my life will remain in You.  This 3rd day of September, 2011, I am at the foot of the cross, trying to bury this hammer, wanting to put myself as far from the sinful nature of the old man, and let that old man not have a place in the new creation that has been made in me.  Your love my Lord, Your love sustains me, and I know I am forgiven and cleansed, made righteous in You.  I love You with all my being, my King, my Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment