Friday, September 23, 2011

SPIRITUAL SPA

1 John 3:19  "This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence."

What a day this was.  Everything went well until the end of the day.  I guess when folks are tired from their day they just have to wipe out everyone in their path.  My assistant had just gotten through telling me about how she perceived my personage with unruly customers.  She said she thought my boss must have had this guy call on the phone to give me a hard time to see if he could shake me.  She said he would just have to go back and say, "nope, she never lost her temper, never got ugly, just stayed nice and sweet".  She really had me laughing as she mimmicked me responding to this phone call.  Then here came the enemy, in the guise of three ladies, well two actually, one did not have much to say.

What can you do.  I am really big on customer service, as I feel it the one true way I can show the Lord's love to people is to be nice to them, no matter how they treat me.  You know, it actually makes some people mad when they cannot get a reaction from you.  But still, I did not let my human nature overtake my spiritual nature when it came to dealing with these ladies.  Number one, they were not really mad at me, more so at themselves, but as we all know, it is not easy to beat yourself up when you won't admit you are wrong.  Second, it was at the end of the day, and it seemed like their day was a lot worse than mine.  When you do not give all to the Lord, when you do not pass those problems up to Him, you just are put under so much pressure you are not equipped to deal with.  So these ladies unloaded on me, and by the time they left, I was ready to drop.  My assistant said I needed that spiritual spa we were talking about earlier.  And she was right, it was exactly what I needed.

I got in my car to drive home and spent the next thirty minutes "Pursuing His Presence"; just soaking in His presence listening to beautiful piano music, the music drawing the words of hymns and choruses from my heart as the piano was played, letting the peace of the Lord flow over me.  On and on the music played as I drove, the Lord just holding me, letting me rest in Him and knowing that He was once again restoring my soul, lifting my spirit to His and replacing that weariness with His perfect love and joy.  The joy of the Lord can take away any stressful day, any worries that might be taking away your peace.  Just let Him give you that joy, He so wants to instill you with joy and peace.

By the time I arrived home, I was aglow with the love of my Lord, my King.  You know I read this morning that unless you totally surrender to the Lord, you cannot consider Him your King.  To be subject to the King means total surrender of self and will.  I smiled as I read this knowing I had truly surrenderd to my Lord, everything.  All to Him I surrender, I surrender all to my King.

This evening, the 23rd day of September, 2011,  is the last evening for my sis to be here and I will go and spend time with her.  Tomorrow night, once again, when I am home, I will enjoy the "spiritual spa" that I have come to know in the presence of my Lord, my God.  Soaking and soaring with Him, in His beautiful presence, as He gives to me and I give to Him, love forever true.

1 comment:

  1. Just what Becca (and I'm sure others) needed to read at this very moment. It never stops amazing me the way that He will direct me here or there or I'll run across something here that I may have had for years, but not played or read, and at just the right time... I will. He knows all and He is faithful and true. How could one not love a God like that? Thanks Pat for being true to your calling. I love you. Always plus!

    ReplyDelete