Tuesday, September 27, 2011

NOW STRENGTHEN MY HANDS

Nehemiah 6:9  "Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed."  But I prayed, "Now strengthen my hands."

Sometimes when I get overly tired and weary, the attacks seem to flood over me.  I wonder at these times, find myself thinking thoughts that I know the Lord has not placed in my mind and have to fight to draw myself from them.  Truth be told, I imagine we all have that problem from time to time.  After attacks as these, I wonder if I will be able to do all the things I find myself led to do by my Lord.  See, the enemy not only plants the thoughts, but he leaves the deep impressions there for a while also.  You can fight off the attack, but afterward when you are weary from the fight, you find the residual thoughts there of whether you can complete this work the Lord has for you.  It is these underlying thoughts that must be conquered, must be corrected.

Holy Spirit, work in me, now as I sit here, do Your precious work in me.  Help me Lord, help me to quench these thoughts; please remove the indentations that they made in my mind before they flow to my heart, damaging my spirit.  I need You to strengthen my hands.  As You, my Lord, come upon me, flowing that precious grace from my Father down to me, filling my heart with His love, with His encouragement that I am His choice for this work; I am chosen by Him to do this work, no one can do what I can do for Him concerning this work.  It is not my work, but it is His work.  Through Him, this work will be completed.  My hands will be strengthened, my spirit will rise in me and become one with my Lord's spirit and the work will continue, just as my Father has planned.

Those indentations in my mind, Holy Spirit, I ask that You fill them with my Lord's healing salve, smoothing over all the places dented by unhealthy thoughts, by thoughts of defeat and failure; fill those places with knowledge of the Word of God, so that the next time the enemy takes aim that Shield will be in place and will not let those darts of destruction penetrate my mind.  Draw me near to my Lord, let me be held in His arms while my spirit is being restored with Your words of love and comfort, my Lord.  Draw me into Your presence, let me sit at Your feet with my head on Your knee, resting for a time while You refresh my soul with Your living waters, those waters that heal whatever they touch, let them flood over my soul, over my entire being and heal me.

Let Your presence fill my room, clouding everything in Your Glory, shutting out any darkness that tries to come in, let only Your Light shine over me, in me and through me.  With Your strength, dearest Lord, I can make it to the end of the journey You have me on.  The journey that ends at Your throne room, where You have made a home for me with You for eternity.  This 27th day of September, 2011, I know I can finish the work You have for me, with Your help, with the help of Your precious Spirit that You have given to dwell within me, to give me blessed Hope and Comfort.  I love You forever my King, I worship You with all that is within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment