Sunday, September 18, 2011

LIVE IN THIS DAY

Esther 4:14  "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish.  And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

How often, Father, have You given me a word for someone, an encouragement, even a word of correction and I have just not done it when You asked me to.  I just figured, well, if it is You, I will know later and tell them tomorrow.  How foolish I was.  I know You have forgiven me these times and I also know that You are working with me, building up my faith, strengthening me in You, in Your Word and giving me the courage to speak up when You ask me to.  I have seen You use someone else to do the things that were mine to do, and I was ashamed of my fear of man keeping me from following You.

I know that You put us, Your children, those that love You so much and are following after You in positions of respect, authority and influence.  You have put me above what I ever expected.  I never thought I would have anything to say that would make a difference in other people, or that people would be encouraged by what I said.  But I have come to realize it is not me who is saying these things.  It is Your words that are coming from me.  I am only the vessel, the messenger, the one that You have put Your annointing on and given me the words to say to Your children; to encourage them, to show them Your love and grace; to give them Your peace and joy.  How blessed I am that You would chose me to do Your work, Lord; to encourage those whose walk is shaky, whose hearts are heavy and those who are burdened down with guilt and shame.  Your words coming from me, Your trust in me now to deliver what You tell me and to show Your love and mercy to those receiving Your words of love and life, of forgiveness and healing; restoring their lives to You, drawing them to Your Light, to Your joy.

There is no day more suited for giving words of encouragement to others than this day.  Delaying Your message could be devastating to them.  There may not be another day for some, as the enemy can have them so beaten down that their lives seem worthless.  We never know what is in someone's heart, there may not be time to wait to make sure this is what the Lord wanted, to question His voice.  You can be certain that the enemy will not be giving you words of love and encouragement for someone getting ready to be destroyed by him.  You can be certain that if the words contain a message of encouragement and love, it is from our Lord.

This is no time to be living in the future.  Take each day in itself.  As oft as we have been told by our Lord not to worry about tomorrow, neither should be let today be lost by wishing it was tomorrow or next week or Friday or whenever.  Live for today.  Take time today to see through the eyes of our Lord.  See His children, what are they going through, what can you say to make a difference to them.  We are placed, we are positioned by the Lord, just where He can use us to make a difference in the lives of others.  He has made us royal priests in Him and we are of the Kingdom of God.  There is no other royalty more wonderful than the one we are in.  Live this day as if our Lord Jesus was coming today.  Do not let any opportunity slip by to be used by our God.  We are His chosen, we are here to do His will, we are here to make a difference for the Kingdom of God.

My precious Lord, this 18th day of September, 2011, I ask that You use me this day.  When the night passes, I will ask once again to be used in anyway You want to use me, to do so.  It is my honor to serve You, my King.  I lay down my life to serve You.  I want to make a difference in the place You have put me.  I want to be Your Light in a place of darkness, I want to bring You into the lives of all You send me to.  You are my Lord and with You, I am living in this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment