Thursday, September 22, 2011

THE ANTHEM OF THE HEART

1 Samuel 2:2  "There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God."

My heart, my soul, my spirit has a song that is sung all day long.  Holy, Holy, Holy is my Lord, is my Holy God.  Hallelujah to my Lord, to my King.  Glory, glory, glory to the Lord who is Worthy, Worthy, Worthy to be praised.  The song of my heart, the anthem of my heart. 

In Websters dictionary, the word anthem is said to mean "song of praise, devotion or patriotism; piece of sacred music, usually with words from some passage in the Bible".  This is why I call my songs to my Lord, the anthem of my heart.  They are songs of praise, true devotion to Him alone, and so often with words from the Bible, words that the Holy Spirit draws up from within me, stirring my heart to put music and song to these beautiful words, so many spoken by my Lord; bringing forth these songs, lifting them from my lips to the throne room of my Lord, an anthem truly made just for my God alone.

I sing His Name, Jesus, so softly sometimes I can hardly hear myself singing but my spirit knows there are words coming from me.  So reverently, so lovingly, I want to draw Him so close to hear my love coming from my heart for Him alone.  Gently, I know He caresses me as He bends His ear close to me to hear my love songs to Him; there is nothing so intimate than having the precious Lamb of God holding me close with His face right there, next to me, listening so intently to what I am singing, accepting with such joy the love coming from my heart to His.  So precious is that time I spend with You, my Savior.    These times are what gives me strength, gives me courage to go on another day in the battle.  These gentle moments with You build my faith, showing me once again that You are with me, You love me so and You will not be leaving me, ever.  Precious is this intimacy with You, my Lord; it gives me such peace.....nothing can penetrate the walls of that intimacy as long as soul, my heart and my spirit are singing, proclaiming the anthem of love and adoration to You.

My Lord, my King, of thee I sing Holy, Holy, Holy are You, precious and beautiful is Your Name, sweet and fragrant is the love that flows from Your heart to me, Jesus, Jesus, what a wonderful friend You are to me, my Everything You are, my Completeness, my Joy, my Bridegroom.  This 22nd day of September, 2011, I am singing my heart's most precious song of love, the anthem of the heart, my heart that belongs to You alone, my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment