Thursday, September 8, 2011

THE ORPHAN COMPLEX

John 14:18  "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

I know this is what I am to write about, but as I sit here, I am wondering just what the Holy Spirit is leading me to.  I know I became a orphan at 40 years old when both of my parents were killed in a house fire.  Strange, to feel orphaned at such an age, but I did.  Never going home again to sit with my folks and pretend for a few hours that I was still that girl, young and free of responsibilities, free of obligations, just a kid with her parents being taken care of.  But one day, that was over.  No more going home, no more leaning on my parents for advice, for guidance.

I floundered for two years after they died.  I quit my job and stayed home, did not much of anything except feel sorry for myself.  A grown woman, can you imagine, just shutting down.  My heart breaks for children who lose a parent, much less both of them. But so many children only have one parent to begin with, so they are partial orphans already.  We grow into this way of thinking, that we are not what we could be if we don't have that parental figurehead.  This is a secret tool of the enemy; one of his most prized weapons; leaving us thinking what we might have become had we not become orphans, what we do not become is a fault of our parents.  How each it is to place blame on someone that is not here with us.  What easy targets bereaved people, or young people are for the enemy, especially when he uses the lack of a parent to make us feel inadequate, failures, or less than what we could have been.

Our Lord has told us He would never leave us or forsake us.  We have a Heavenly Father that is a full Father and Mother to us.  A parent that will never leave us.  He takes full control of that area that is left void from lack of a parent either from the beginning of our lives or from what ever season we become orphans.  He has always been with us, from birth, but as we have our parents, even one, we do not realize who our Real Father is.  The Holiest of Holy, our God, the Creator of all we will ever know and so much more, has always been our Father.  But when our parents are alive, we don't always realize Who He truly is to us, as we have our parents to rely on.  I realize not everyone falls into this category, but if they were to be real honest with themselves, they will see this as some truth in their lives also.  So often we do not see our Heavenly Father as the Father He is until our parents are gone.  But as I said there are some exceptions to this.  I can only speak of my own life.

When I began to realize that God, my Heavenly Father, was taking care of me, was protecting me, comforting me, loving me so much; my eyes began to see the true picture.  A Heavenly Father, always there; truly the One that had been taking care of me all along, with my parents overseeing things here on earth, but He was the One that was the real Parent, always where I was, never leaving me.  A Parent that would never die, never walk away, never neglect, never harm.  My parents were wonderful, they always loved me dearly, always took care of me and my brother and sister; we were loved so much.  But how many parents do you read of, or know, that fit into those who walked away, neglected, harmed their children.  Our Lord, bless You, my Lord, takes these children, no matter the age, young or old, and holds them to Himself, restoring their souls, their spirits that have been trodden down, their bodies so misused, and begins to show them what real parenting is like.  It is so important that we show the love of our Father to all, so those who are hurting deep inside, orphaned by death or abandonment, see that they can be adopted into the family of our God, of a Father who loves them so much.

There is never a need to feel alone, to fall under the orphan complex, when we have a Father that is holding out His arms for us all to rush into.  He is waiting to show us all how special He thinks we are, what a difference we make in His life and the difference He would like to make in ours.  He wants to pour out His love onto us; He wants to heal our broken spirits; He is waiting to pour His balm of mercy and grace into our souls.  Beautiful Father, who holds us in His very hands, blowing sweet breaths of life into our entire being.  "Come, now my love," the Father says, "come, let me give you life in Me, let me restore your broken hearts, let me show you a Father's love".

As long as the enemy can keep you living in a orphan complex, you will never know the true love of our Heavenly Father, our Great God, the Ruler of Heaven and earth.  No matter whether you have your parents still or not, most of us suffer from the orphan complex.  It comes when ever we place blame on our parents for what we are not, for any lack they might have put out on us, their fault or not.  The enemy will use what ever small thing and blow it into a complete separation of our life from our parents.  Causing an orphan complex.    Only the true love of the Father can restore us, only He can restore relationships with parents, with siblings and other family members.  Only when we realize what real love is.  Real love is not about ourselves, it is about a flow of the Father's love through us.  When one tends to keep what they are given, like love from the Father; it this love is not transferred through us to others, it dies.  It will become complete dead weight in ourselves, as the Father's love is not meant to keep for ourselves, there is plenty to come back to us, but this love is intended to flow through us.  When His love flows through us, it causes life to begin anew in us; it fills us with such joy and peace, this love that stirs such emotion, such love for our Father to build up in us.  There is no need to try to hold His love within ourselves as if we do not let it flow out to others, He will give it to someone that will.  You will dry up, you will resume that orphan complex again.  Let His love flow through you.  Be a useful vessel; sharing His love and peace, His beautiful joy with others will make you part of the family of God, and you will never be orphaned again.  You will have a Father who will always be your Father, and you will have more family than you ever thought possible.  A family that loves you.

My precious Father, how I love You.  You have made me Your beloved child.  You have poured Your love through me to others and I have never felt so loved, so cared for.  I have a huge family that love me because we have a Father in common.  We are kin in You.  I worship You my Lord; I worship You for all my life, I am loved, I am loved by my wonderful Father in Heaven.  This 8th day of September, 2011, I am living a whole, wonderful life, in the most beautiful family of all; the Family of God, my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment