Monday, September 5, 2011

IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH

Psalm 107:19  "Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress."

So use to never feeling ill, the sickness came upon me in an instant.  My own fault, of course, for eating something so rich and sweet.  My body is not use to so much sugar and richness and I did not think of it. And to think I only ate half the dessert, I do not want to think what would have happened had I eaten it all.  But I got so sick, and am still not good as I write this. I have an assignment from the Lord to write each and every night and I will not let anything keep me from the Lord's will; from what He gives me to do.

I put my worship music on, playing on my computer, and How Great is Our God began to play, a version by Keith Duncan, filled with pure worship, love and devotion, worshiping in the Spirit, so annointed.  Well, I listened to it twice before I began and now it plays again. The first two times I could not type and now I have to stop for a minute or so at a time as the Spirit of the Lord flows over me, knowing in my spirit that He is healing me, touching me with His precious oil of mercy and love.  How great is my God, my precious Lord, that no matter what I did that made me ill, He is faithful to me, He knows I did not do something to harm myself intentionally, I just have not adjusted totally to what He has done in me, in my body.

Did I ever mention that through the Power of the Lord, Him alone, as I have done nothing but what He has led me to do, I have lost 90 pounds in the last year.  No diet, other than the changes that the Lord has made, adjusting my likes, showing me healthier ways to live.  No sodas, very little sugar, sweet things too sweet for me.  How amazing this has been, to see what the Lord can and will do when you make yourself open for Him to work.  He began with filling me so full of His love, my body was transformed as every part of me felt that warmth of His love.  The next day I realized I was only hungry for Him, for His presence and could not eat.  After a couple of days of not eating, I knew it was not healthy and would eat, but found a quarter of a sandwich filled me up.  One piece of pizza did the trick, all I could hold. It was almost like having my stomach sewn up and it could only hold so much.  And sweets, that I would eat so much of before, they were too sweet and I could not stand them in my mouth.  I could not drink cokes any longer, and did not have the desire for them or any thing sweet.  Food became something I ate to live, and no longer living to eat.  My Lord did this.

So now having made myself sick by eating dinner and then some dessert, even half of it, I became ill.  But as I write this, worshiping my Lord for His goodness and faithfulness to me, I am beginning to feel better.  How great is my God?  He is the Great I Am, He is so wonderful to me, I cannot fully express how great He is; but then if you are walking in His love, then you know how great He is.  He never leaves us when we are foolish, when we just run full speed ahead without waiting for Him, He just comes to us when we call out, "Father, help me.  Lord, I need Your help."  He is there immediately, all the time.

Father, You are so wonderful to me.  I thank You for Your healing touch on me.  Your promises to me concerning my health are steady, so constant.  I made myself ill tonight and still Your touch is on me, healing, restoring.  I know tomorrow morning all will be well and this night will have passed.  I love You so much my Lord.  How can I express my love for You; what can I say that could ring the true passion I feel for You through the heavenlies?  How can I ever thank You for the life You have given me; other than to cry Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord; I cry Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord.  You are worthy, so worthy, my Lord to receive all my love and praise forever.  I will lift up my voice and sing the songs of my heart to You, lifting You up with my worship, with the new songs that the beautiful Holy Spirit draws from my soul, the songs of my spirit expressing my love for You.

How Great is my God; the words of the song sinking so deeply into me, the richness of the presence of the Lord flowing around me, His healing touch restoring my body, His love satisfying my soul.  This 5th day of September, in sickness and in health, my Lord God is always with me, always pouring out His love and mercy upon me, being always Everything to me, my Holy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment