Saturday, September 10, 2011

THE KNOWING

Hosea 2:20  "I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness; and thou shall know the Lord."

Know that you know, know that you know.  How many times have you heard this phrase in a sermon?  I can remember hearing this so many times and yet, until you truly know, you do not know. 

My Lord, how long did You wait for me to truly know You?  I know it was a long time by my standards, and when I think of how long You patiently waited for me, waited for me to truly know You; all I can say is thank You, my Lord.  Thank You for not letting ne go and for loving me so much, You waited; You did not give me up for loss.  You slowly taught me, slowly showed me that I could trust You and You gave me reason after reason to trust You.  You comforted me, You supplied my needs, You gave me more grace and mercy than I knew possible.  And faith came,.  I always thought I had faith; I believed in You, loved You and knew You loved me.  But I only had part of the verse down.  You drew me into Yourself and faith developed, but I still did not truly know You.

Over the last year as You have taken me into Yourself so deeply, drawing me into such an intimate relationship with You, loving me, cherishing me, pouring out Your Spirit on me, day after day, night after night, never leaving me alone, just You and me, I began to see.  I began to see a God that put me in a type of cocoon, wrapped so tightly in Your love that it was no longer easy for the enemy to come in and give me any doubts of Your love.  I know You love me.  I know You are taking care of me in ways unknown to mortal man.  Spiritual envelopment, totally one with You, not letting me slip into any form of mind that is not of You. When the enemy comes, I know all I have to do is ask You to protect my mind, to put a shield around my mind, to let no thoughts contrary to Your Word enter there.

And now I can say I know that I know.  I have complete faith in You, my Lord. Total trust in my Lord, the God that created me to be His worshiper.  From the beginning of time You knew I would worship You, and You waited until You were my hearts desire, and then You closed the deal.  The covenant You made with me is completed, finished, and there is no breaking of what was placed in my heart; I will never go from You my God; Never.

I know You are my Redeemer, I know You are my Comforter, I know You are my Savior, I know You are my Shield and my Rock, I know You love me and I know You are my Bridegroom, Who will be returning for me one day soon.  This 10th day of September, 2011, this day, and forever, my Beloved Lord, I know that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment