Monday, September 19, 2011

MATHEMATICS OF LOVE

Ephesians 3:17-19  (Message)  "And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love.  Reach out and experience the breadth!  Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God."

The Glory of our Lord, the precious Glory of our Lord.  From that glory we receive love to the tenth degree, unfathomable in our imaginations, the reality of His love so far from anything ever known.  How real is a love that would take the most Precious One from His Heavenly home to endure what none of us have any idea of.  I pray we will never know this as none of us would be able to endure this kind of torture.  But my Lord, You not only endured it, You willingly endured it knowing it was the only way to redeem us, the only way we could have any kind of relationship with our Father.  Sent here to be a sacrifice, You did so with more love for us, not even born yet, but knowing we would need a Savior when we came.

So the depths of Your love, my Lord, the depths of the love You have for me has no end, the distance, the height, the width......so often remembering that little song, how deep is the ocean, how wide is the sea, how high is the mountain of my Lord's love for me.  I can go no where from Your love.  It is not me that determines Your love for me, there is nothing I can do, I can never be good enough, I can never be too bad;  the love is all about You, it is what You are all about.  You are Love.  Everything about You is derived from love.  Your beauty is love.  The Word tells me that Your looks were ordinary, nothing special, but in my heart, in my dreams, You are beauty beyond anything I have ever seen.  The fragrance of Your love is unlike any I have ever known.  Sweet, soft, lingering is the fragrance of Your love.  Such a mixture of all the most precious oils ever known to man.  So sweet is Your love for me.  So beautiful is Your love for me.

Where can I go but to You, my sweet Lord.  I cannot escape the wooing, the drawing of Your love to me.  It draws me from out of myself into Your garden, Your beautiful garden of love where I can walk and talk with You.  Where I can sit at Your feet and listen to Your words, Your sweet words of love and encouragement; Your words that cause me to trust You even more, that cause me to love You beyond what I thought I was capable of loving.  I have never loved anyone like I love You my Jesus; You are all I think about; I want to sit in Your presence all the time.  I never want to be away from You, my Lord, and I know You want me with You.  That is what love does, it causes two to become One.  When I gave my life to You, put all my faith in You and began to love You more than anyone or anything, walking in Your Light, then I began to be One with You. Two into One.  What does not add up in the world's math, makes perfect sense in Heavenly figures, and it makes beautiful sense to me.

This 19th day of September, 2011, I am learning my math all over again.  The depth, the height, the width, the length of a love that will keep me walking in the Light; will keep me going from glory to glory in You, and will enfold me into  Oneness with my Beloved, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment